Hilltop

Don’t Hilltop claim the software is invisible?

On Hilltop’s website I found this;

4. Our software is invisible and cannot be seen by your dealer or anyone else, so your warranty will not be affected.
Ask them if they'll warranty that against any future claims by your insurer for undisclosed modifications. Shouldn't be a problem for them to take the risk rather than you if its true.

The question the insurance company ask is "Have you made any changes" not the previous owner......

Mmmm …I’m sure you’d have to take on the responsibility and ultimate liability when you buy a vehicle… saying you ‘didn’t know’, I don’t think would cut-it..
But in reality.. if BMW can’t see it.. would an accident investigator?
And as said before.. it’s only bringing it up to the claimed figures anyway isn’t it..
What about using non-BMW brake pads etc.. I would have thought that was a lot more safety critical than this.. do you have to inform your insurance if you fit Ferodo?

Mmmm …I’m sure you’d have to take on the responsibility and ultimate liability when you buy a vehicle… saying you ‘didn’t know’, I don’t think would cut-it..
But in reality.. if BMW can’t see it.. would an accident investigator?
And as said before.. it’s only bringing it up to the claimed figures anyway isn’t it..
What about using non-BMW brake pads etc.. I would have thought that was a lot more safety critical than this.. do you have to inform your insurance if you fit Ferodo?

I’m not trying to say I would do that to avoid anything, when I bought a second hand GSA the insurance company asked that question and I answered no I haven’t it looks like a standard bike to me. That’s all I’m saying with that comment. ffs why does everyone have a feckin smart arse answer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am not going to elaborate about the process and if Geoff wishes, he surely will, but during the software update (30-40 mins), Geoff talked to one of the UKGSers about his software and product development background, which funded his racing activities (can you guess why his vehicle number plate says 'neo'?) and they both chatted together in language that I didn't understand!
The software goes to a place which BMW do NOT have access. For that reason it will not be replaced by any BMW software updates. Geoff described how he achieved the access, with great difficulty and expense.Geoff described at length how the software works with fueling and emission control in an 'Ask me ANY questions' session.
Forget the bhp for a moment, it's the torque at low revs and the smooth running which makes it worthwhile for me and if you wish to know more, I'd suggest paying some money and going to witness it for yourself.
p.s. 49 mpg going there and 52mpg going back and I was 'enjoying' the ride and fck to anyone who says 'not another hilltop thread' cos they should KEEP OUT

if your not happy with it dont do it. leave hilltop alone there just offering a service. i wish they were over here id be having it done

The remap is not a performance enhancing software as the bhp is well below the manufacturer claim. A modification yes but no performance enhancement, like fitting an aftermarket windscreen.

I’m not trying to say I would do that to avoid anything, when I bought a second hand GSA the insurance company asked that question and I answered no I haven’t it looks like a standard bike to me. That’s all I’m saying with that comment. ffs why does everyone have a feckin smart arse answer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LOL ... PARANOIA... CHILL DUDE ... :101

What do you do if you buy a bike and its been done already... And maybe you don't know?

If the insurance company ask you if the bike has been modified in anyway way then say that to the best of your knowledge it hasn’t been. You have then given an honest answer.

P.S. a reputable company will keep records of the work they have done for customers so you could always check with Hilltop to be sure ;)

I am not going to elaborate about the process and if Geoff wishes, he surely will, but during the software update (30-40 mins), Geoff talked to one of the UKGSers about his software and product development background, which funded his racing activities (can you guess why his vehicle number plate says 'neo'?) and they both chatted together in language that I didn't understand!
The software goes to a place which BMW do NOT have access. For that reason it will not be replaced by any BMW software updates. Geoff described how he achieved the access, with great difficulty and expense.Geoff described at length how the software works with fueling and emission control in an 'Ask me ANY questions' session.
Forget the bhp for a moment, it's the torque at low revs and the smooth running which makes it worthwhile for me and if you wish to know more, I'd suggest paying some money and going to witness it for yourself.
p.s. 49 mpg going there and 52mpg going back and I was 'enjoying' the ride and fck to anyone who says 'not another hilltop thread' cos they should KEEP OUT

‘The place’ will be accessible by the engine management system manufacturers, I think it’s Bosch isn’t it? If they were asked to reveal the technology to gain access then then would.

PS. In the event of a detailed Insurance investigation, say because of road death, then even without being given access by Bosch they could simply put the engine on a dyno and compare it with a ‘standard’ engine - if a Hilltop mod is that good then it would be easy to spot.

‘The place’ will be accessible by the engine management system manufacturers, I think it’s Bosch isn’t it?

No, the chip manufacturer which is not Bosch and the power output is below the manufacturer claims after Hilltop. If you doubt this answer you can pm neoviper.

No, the chip manufacturer which is not Bosch and the power output is below the manufacturer claims after Hilltop. If you doubt this answer you can pm neoviper.

The chip manufacturer isn’t relevant but the engine management unit manufacturer is, I think it’s Bosch. The chip could be Motorola or whatever they are called these days, or maybe NXP, it doesn’t matter the point is the manufacturer of the ECU will have the ability to see what changes have been made.

Take a look at this - it’s Bosch.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-GENU...071895?hash=item28357ceed7:g:YbIAAOSw7GRZBaVi

The chip manufacturer isn’t relevant but the engine management unit manufacturer is, I think it’s Bosch. The chip could be Motorola or whatever they are called these days, or maybe NXP, it doesn’t matter the point is the manufacturer of the ECU will have the ability to see what changes have been made.

Take a look at this - it’s Bosch.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-GENU...071895?hash=item28357ceed7:g:YbIAAOSw7GRZBaVi

How we do know this one has not been hilltopped?

No, as I said if you doubt the answer pm neoviper. You are talking about something you have no insight of because you refuse to talk to those who know. I respect that your education and career is routed in this stuff but basically the chip is hacked. The Bosch sw is what makes the engine operate. The chip has its own sw on it to make it work with the Bosch sw. If you want to make it invisible to the BMW interrogation tool then it has to be somewhere the BMW sw is not loaded.

The future is whatever colour you want.

Are you guys serious? Say you where run over by a bus. Would the insurance company dismantle the entire bike in order to find out if anything was out of stock configuration in order to avoid a claim?

The reason for asking is that this to me sounds like paranoia of third degree and a couple of galaxys away from what is practise in other countries (at least one :D )

Are you guys serious? Say you where run over by a bus. Would the insurance company dismantle the entire bike in order to find out if anything was out of stock configuration in order to avoid a claim?

The reason for asking is that this to me sounds like paranoia of third degree and a couple of galaxys away from what is practise in other countries (at least one :D )

agree... if the bike was scrap.. it would just go straight to the breakers... I know one one isntance where a guy was run donw and killed by a bike.. they took a few pics of the bike for any courte case.. and that was it... They are not going to start lookin in ECU's to see whats been done.. especialy ones you can't change... (in theory)

Have a look at the Hilltop website for the answers you seek...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back
Top Bottom