Hilltop

Have a look at the Hilltop website for the answers you seek...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I don't think Hilltop does insurance. They claim it's invisible, but no software is invisible if you use the proper tools. The best bet would be to ask the insurance company.
But then again, as long as you do something to the bike that is not visible to the eye without you know what to look for by means of specialized tools, does not influence performance nor safety, then, asking the insurance company if it's ok would be a bit like asking your wife if it's ok to have another beer :aidan.

If this was my bike in question I would keep quiet and enjoy the ride.

No, as I said if you doubt the answer pm neoviper. You are talking about something you have no insight of because you refuse to talk to those who know. I respect that your education and career is routed in this stuff but basically the chip is hacked. The Bosch sw is what makes the engine operate. The chip has its own sw on it to make it work with the Bosch sw. If you want to make it invisible to the BMW interrogation tool then it has to be somewhere the BMW sw is not loaded.

The future is whatever colour you want.

Hmmmmm I think you don't understand - software runs on a processor (chip) software (firmware) is stored in memory, the processor either executes code directly from that memory or loads it into RAM (internal to the processor or external) and executes the code from there. The whole shebang is put together by bosch, they will no doubt have created their own boot code (in ROM) which starts the whole thing running and decides which bit of memory to run the code from.

But all of that doesn't really matter as my questions have been answered (indirectly).

If Bosch took a Hilltopped ECU they would be able to see that it was running something other than the BMW code. I am sure that there is an agreement between Bosch and BMW as to how the thing works - so forensically, if necessary, the changes could be seen.

But all of this is just academic interest - whatever the details you should tell your insurance company if your bike has been Hilltopped.

I told my insurance company, they were not bothered as no mechanical tuning has been done.

engineer i think your time is up, time to go back to the hand cream and clean x http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showth...lared-a-hilltop-remap-to-their-insurers/page4
And to all the others that are reading this my apologies for my attempt at light humour lol
486.jpg

My insurance company weren’t interested in the Hilltop part. They were more interested in the vinyl wrap on the bike!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I really enjoy these Hilltop advertisements. They must be delighted every time one starts up. Invisible code, that no one can find, with no specifications, that they call remapping but clarify as not remapping, and that everyone loves. Way to go!

I have offered the Hilltop dyno readings to all my bikes when sold to BMW but they didn't want them, nor the paper history. Its all on this, pointing at the PC:blast

Shouldn't have started this thread again! Seems to me all those who have had it done have had seen a benefit and all those who choose not, throw stones. Bloody glad I am not a homeopath.

Shouldn't have started this thread again! Seems to me all those who have had it done have had seen a benefit and all those who choose not, throw stones. Bloody glad I am not a homeopath.

At last some real humour!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

if your not happy with it dont do it. leave hilltop alone there just offering a service. i wish they were over here id be having it done

They do a post the ecu service. You send it via secure mail, they turn it round and give you detailed instructions how to refit the ecu.

Did you tell your insurance company, does it still meet emissions requirements? and if BMW do a safety related engine management up-grade to their firmware is it ignored by the Hilltop software?

Just asking like ;)
What motorcycle emissions test ? If you can reference a safety recall, I am more than happy to be corrected, Hilltop assure that it does not effect oem.

But Geoff can respond better than I can on his work.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

If you end up killing someone in an accident, the insurance company will go over your bike with a fine tooth comb. Is it worth losing everything for the sake of not declaring this modification? I’ve never had an insurance company increase my premium due to a Hilltop upgrade. ;)
Ditto.

I notified my insurer, with 17 pages, of fuel optimisation due to headers/decat/can changes.

It all depends how you notify them, I bury them with info, and they don't bother. Not my issue, as they know.

It is NOT a performance modification, it is a recalibration of fuelling to ensure better/smoother running.

engineer i think your time is up, time to go back to the hand cream and clean x http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showth...lared-a-hilltop-remap-to-their-insurers/page4
And to all the others that are reading this my apologies for my attempt at light humour lol
486.jpg
And I also modest, a bronzed adonis and hung like a horse on top of having fellowship on top of the bsc(hons) + msc in me&ee.

Am I happy with work Geoff did, yes. Would I recommend his work, yes.

Ditto.

I notified my insurer, with 17 pages, of fuel optimisation due to headers/decat/can changes.

It all depends how you notify them, I bury them with info, and they don't bother. Not my issue, as they know.

It is NOT a performance modification, it is a recalibration of fuelling to ensure better/smoother running.

It doesn’t matter what words you use to describe the modification, it IS a modification so you should tell your insurance company.

What reason is there not to tell them? If you are involved in an accident and the insurance company pay out millions to injured parties, as they are obliged to, then they are perfectly entitled to come after you to get there money back if you have lied to them - they could take every penny you have, including your property, savings, pension fund etc, etc..... and what would you have saved £50 per year?????.

It doesn’t matter what words you use to describe the modification, it IS a modification so you should tell your insurance company.

What reason is there not to tell them? If you are involved in an accident and the insurance company pay out millions to injured parties, as they are obliged to, then they are perfectly entitled to come after you to get there money back if you have lied to them - they could take every penny you have, including your property, savings, pension fund etc, etc..... and what would you have saved £50 per year?????.
Note.

I DID advise my insurers, what exactly has been modified ???

Adapted, possibly.
Tuned, maybe

Every single thing done to any of my bikes, gets detailed, copy of invoice, date of fitting and how long too. It runs to pages.... it bores them no end, but they are aware and that is all that counts.

Interestingly, I have almost finished restoring my Vf1000rg, the engine has been blue printed and now makes a genuine 122bhp at the wheel.

Are you suggesting that it has been modified, if so how ? It is exactly to spec, pistons/rods/gears/valves all weigh the same, etc.

It now produces bhp that Honda claims it makes.

So what is it, tuned, modified, or standard ?

Back
Top Bottom