Hilltop

otruk

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Had the 1200 lc done yesterday, definitely more flexible smoother and fun. Shame BMW cant sell them like this!:bounce1

I am guess you gain extra bhp and torques? What year is your GS? Does it affect warranty?
Thanks.

Had the 1200 lc done yesterday, definitely more flexible smoother and fun. Shame BMW cant sell them like this!:bounce1

Glad to hear the session went well.

John S

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Nearly 20ftlbs more torque across the range and another 18bhp at top, however over 100bhp from 6k as standard it was 98bhp. at 8K. The bike is 15 plate so not worried about the warranty! Did make me realise looking at another bikes dyno readings that if you don't give the engine some welly and use the rev range you can really restrict the output. So it does good to rag it senseless!!

Is that good or bad!!

Nearly 20ftlbs more torque across the range and another 18bhp at top, however over 100bhp from 6k as standard it was 98bhp. at 8K. The bike is 15 plate so not worried about the warranty! Did make me realise looking at another bikes dyno readings that if you don't give the engine some welly and use the rev range you can really restrict the output. So it does good to rag it senseless!!

Glad your happy , it really does make sense and a difference , had all my bikes don by Geoff.

I am sure there is a remap for taking the piss!

If you spend all that money how can it not work!

I had my 1290 done by Geoff last year, and was lent a standard non mapped bike yesterday while my bike was being serviced. The difference between the two bikes is incredible.

Did you tell your insurance company, does it still meet emissions requirements? and if BMW do a safety related engine management up-grade to their firmware is it ignored by the Hilltop software?

Just asking like ;)

I rode up there yesterday with a mate on a 15 plate Triumph Explorer on the way back the BM easily had the edge in all respects, but most surprisingly top end.

Had my 2010 gs done yesterday — bike now just feels right — I’m not a journalist who puts the correct words around a test ride but I don’t regret a penny of the £300.
Thanks to all the guys at Hilltop.
Rob

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Did you tell your insurance company, does it still meet emissions requirements? and if BMW do a safety related engine management up-grade to their firmware is it ignored by the Hilltop software?

Just asking like ;)

1. No don't need to as the map is not visable
2. Is the stated emissions figures correct ( rememberr VW) and who cares as the industry lies.
3. Firm ware updates do not affect the installed map as its an addition not an alteration .
Hows that

Just asking like ;)

Yep, my insurance company knows. ;)

Back
Top Bottom