Newly acquired 1150GS; exhaust replacement

Digging up this old thread, I have just bought the black widow decat Y-piece and it fitted easily enough but, on trying to re-install the OEM exhaust, it would not fit.
The diameter of the y-piece outlet pipe is roughly the same as the OEM exhaust connection.
The OEM exhaust has those cut slots in them but, I would need a blacksmith with a forge and big hammer to get them to join.

Is their a mating sleeve / collar that could be used to join and seal them together or how did others achieve the final result?

Thanks

Sent from Steve's fancy iPad using Tapatalk

Remus on a Y-piee isn't obtrusive over long distances - what kind of whimps are these folks? I love the rumble of the Remus - and 1184 miles in one day it what I would consider to be a reasonable distance, not necessarily a long one. I often cover over 500 miles in the day, and do a days work in between the there and back.... Remus is perfectly fine.

Junk the can and fit a stubby as has been said, saves weight and allows a full sized n/s pannier and if you want a wee bit more 'tone', cut open the cat and 'adjust' the internals... ;) ... then weld it back up.

Not too loud, flows and goes a wee bit better, especially with the smaller Booster Plug.

Remus on a Y-piee isn't obtrusive over long distances - what kind of whimps are these folks? I love the rumble of the Remus - and 1184 miles in one day it what I would consider to be a reasonable distance, not necessarily a long one. I often cover over 500 miles in the day, and do a days work in between the there and back.... Remus is perfectly fine.

I call mileage bollox sorry.:rolleyes:

I call mileage bollox sorry.:rolleyes:

Uttoxeter to Dover for the ferry, then through that corner of France, Belgium, Holland the corner of Germany and full length of Denmark to catch the ferry from Hirstals... so up yours! It was pissing with rain and howling a gale too, but with only one ferry every four days, I HAD to get there. :beerjug:

Uttoxeter to Dover for the ferry, then through that corner of France, Belgium, Holland the corner of Germany and full length of Denmark to catch the ferry from Hirstals... so up yours! It was pissing with rain and howling a gale too, but with only one ferry every four days, I HAD to get there. :beerjug:

Hardly considered a reasonable mileage though is it. ?:p

Hardly considered a reasonable mileage though is it. ?:p

The thing is, the Remus didn't cause any headache or discomfor. It is a nice burble.

I did lake Como, Bellagio, for ONE DAY on the R100RS... left here first thing Friday morning, rode down to the hotel ASDEC had booked for me in Bellagio. Spent all day on the water with the boats Saturday, then changed into dinner suit and did the gala dinner at Villa d'Este on the Saturday night. My ferry home was booked for Tuesday, but I had got everything I needed, so Sunday morning had breakfast, saw the boats away off the moorings and hit the road at 10.00 Italian time, was home in my bed here in Uttoxeter 03.30 that night. I do quite a few longish trips over a short time frame, oir at least I did when I was working properly. Things have slowed considerably the last couple of years.

I had a Remus Y piece and can on mine for 12 years.
This years trip I swapped the can back to standard, perfect for long trips, much more relaxed.
My vote is Y piece with standard can ��

The thing is, the Remus didn't cause any headache or discomfor. It is a nice burble.

I did lake Como, Bellagio, for ONE DAY on the R100RS... left here first thing Friday morning, rode down to the hotel ASDEC had booked for me in Bellagio. Spent all day on the water with the boats Saturday, then changed into dinner suit and did the gala dinner at Villa d'Este on the Saturday night. My ferry home was booked for Tuesday, but I had got everything I needed, so Sunday morning had breakfast, saw the boats away off the moorings and hit the road at 10.00 Italian time, was home in my bed here in Uttoxeter 03.30 that night. I do quite a few longish trips over a short time frame, oir at least I did when I was working properly. Things have slowed considerably the last couple of years.

tenor.png

In all seriousness - that's some hefty mileage.

Back
Top Bottom