Newly acquired 1150GS; exhaust replacement

PaulinBont

Reaction score
First post as new owner of my first Oilhead!

Different kettle of fish compared to my F800GS, but it is growing on me :)

First question is for a lighter/ quieter exhaust from the stock one?
Remus titanium perhaps?

Do you have the std Cat fitted?

Is so you have an option to retain the std exhaust and just fit a Y-piece.

Just a thought.

Don't think either option would be quieter than std though

If you have the cat still fitted, consider ditching the can and fitting a syubby pipe - good note (certainly not obtrusive) and a shed load of weight saved. Plus you can then fit a full sized pannier on the left...

i-Lzb9gZs-X2.jpg

Not a great pic, but you can make out the pipe...

OEM headers, Cat & stubby is the way to go.

Have a look at the Black Widow stuff, now running it on both GSA's and a fraction of the price of Remus...well made kit as well :thumb

Certainly ditch the cat and fit a Black Widow Y-piece instead - check it has the buffer bracket for the centre-stand, but stay with the standard OEM end-can. That's the best of all worlds from an audio point-of-view, and saves you about 10 to 12 kg in dry-weight.
For better fuelling, get a John-The-Greek ECU chip for about 100 snoojits. If you can manage to fit it without taking lumps out of your finger-ends as you struggle to prise the lid off the firmly stuck-together ECU, you'll get noticeably better fuel economy, a much brisker mid-range performance, faster pickup at all throttle openings and an overall brighter feel to the performance.
He'll want to know the exhaust kit in order to tailor his ROM chip to the bike for best results.
It transformed mine into a modern Jap bike's level of response. I have no commercial connection with him.

Certainly agree with this,Remus pipes are not the quietest,
My good wife hates the exhaust on my bike:D
Not even sure if it's a Remus thing per say? My bike is running the Y-Piece and some Beowulf can with a baffle, it sounds nice to start with but has an annoying drone about it, especially when cruising along.

Thanks for your input guys, in the end I did opt for a Remus titanium and ' y' piece which I'm currently fitting .

Question : Do I need to re-connect the lambda sensor now there is no cat by removing the blanking plug on the Remus or just forget about it?

reconnect the lambda if it was connected before, otherwise your fuelling wont be right. I *think* you can change the cat coding plug in the fuse box to one that tells the ECU there's no lambda sensor so it runs a 'default' figure, but better to have the right setup if its an option.

Back
Top Bottom