Thread: Announced waypoints - Tyre - change to shaping points - NAV 5

Announced waypoints - Tyre - change to shaping points - NAV 5

Been for a ride today and I have a route in my nav5. This is the first time I followed a planned route which I downloaded from my PC. It keeps showing a message (Approaching) for a few seconds. This must be a waypoint or shaping or via point how do I stop this from happening

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    In basecamp, if you left click a waypoint you can de-select the “alert on arrival” option. That’ll do it.

I understand this is also the way you change a “waypoint”into a “shaping point”

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I use tyres not basecamp so this will not apply but thanks for reply

Tyre creates announced points on my Nav V, it’s doin’ me gourd in

how do I stop this from happening
    There are several ways. Here are some:

Turn the sound off

Make the waypoints, unannounced shaping points. You can do that within the Nav V itself

Use BaseCamp or Mapsource, instead of some other shonky non-Garmin software

Ask in the Tyre forum or of Tyre themselves, they make the stuff. See sticky no.2

don't see anything in menu of nav5 to do this will check tyres forum

Make the waypoints, unannounced shaping points. You can do that within the Nav V itself
    Quote Originally Posted by peter56 View Post
    don't see anything in menu of nav5 to do this will check tyres forum
    Home screen

Apps

Trip planner

Tap on route

You should see a screen that shows from the left, three horizontal bars in the top left corner, a list of the points of the route, starting with your start point with a green flag and a series of orange flags. On the right the route’s name, its distance and travel time, map and go buttons.

On this screen, beneath the green flag start point, there’s the series of points with orange flags. These are the announced waypoints

Tap on the three horizontal lines

Tap on Edit Destinations

Tap on all of the orange flags or as many of them as you want to change

The orange flag(s) should change to a blue dot

When prompted that the duration and arrival times will be removed, change to shaping point? Tap yes

Tap Save

You may well see the device recalculate

Tap the back button

You are now back on the screen with the three horizontal bars in the top left

Check total distance, travel time and tap on map. Does the route on the map show a green flag, blue dots for the shaping points and a cheques flag at the end? Does it all look right? Yes....

Tap on back button

Tap on Go!

Job done.

PS You can change all or any of blue dots back to announced point orange flags using the same method

^^^^ Outstanding info. Thanks Wapping!

wapping again thanks for reply.
    Have tried your suggestion . In the list it starts with green flag then blue dots and a checked flag at destination. However when I view route on map it has created lots of orange flags. I am at home and running it in simulation and it still says approaching

When you say you are viewing the route at home, are you saying that:

1. You have changed all all the intermediate orange flags to blue dots within the device (as above) and saved it to the device

2. That when you view the amended route on the device’s map it has a green flag (start) chequered flag (end) and blue dots in betweeen, replacing the orange flags

3. When you view it at home, I guess on a PC, the points in between are flags?

What software are you using to view the route on your computer?

Are you sure you are looking at the amended route on your computer and not the old version?

1. the intermediates were always blue within the device route list.
    2. but view route on device map. it shows lots of extra orange flags not put there by me.
    3. when viewed on PC tyrestotravel all's well

have been able to clear all the orange flags in the map view of route by changing the vehicle to a car then it recalculated. Running it in simulation all looks good

The problem would seem, as is so common, that you are using two different pieces of software to perform one function. Tyre, a third party route planner and Garmin.

If you can persuade yourself to limit to just one (either Garmin’s BaseCamp or Mapsource) you’ll be reducing the chances of bugs and errors creeping in.

looks like I will have to master Garmin’s BaseCamp not a fan. I love the street / satellite view that comes with tyres