1150gsa electrical problem

I'd try starting something else with the new battery, just to verify it's okay before you connect it to the bike.

Forget the charger for now. As someone else suggested, pull all the fuses. I'd also pull the relays, just to be sure.Tturn on your ignition and see what happens. Start putting fuses back in one at a time and checking what happens when you turn on the ignition. Then start putting relays back in. That should narrow down what's shorting.

Well I went to the BMW shop this time and bought a new battery (BMW Exide gel) Installed it and it fired up straight away. So it makes me think it's something to do with the Ctec trickle charger.
I previously connected the leads of the charger directly to the installed battery with the supplied leads so that I could trickle charge at any time without having to raise the tank. Maybe that's the problem I've been having.:nenau
So for now, it's running great and starts well.It shouldn't need trickle charging if I ride the bike more often. Thank you all for your opinions and advice.
Cheers Billy.

Well I went to the BMW shop this time and bought a new battery (BMW Exide gel) Installed it and it fired up straight away. So it makes me think it's something to do with the Ctec trickle charger.
I previously connected the leads of the charger directly to the installed battery with the supplied leads so that I could trickle charge at any time without having to raise the tank. Maybe that's the problem I've been having.:nenau
So for now, it's running great and starts well.It shouldn't need trickle charging if I ride the bike more often. Thank you all for your opinions and advice.
Cheers Billy.

You do know that you can plug the CTek into the one of the 2 accessory sockets on the bike, with a BMW plug adaptor ..... don't you ??

No need to connect any leads direct to battery

Unless you're leaving the bike for an extended period, the battery shouldn't really need charging apart from running the bike.

Unless you're leaving the bike for an extended period, the battery shouldn't really need charging apart from running the bike.

Indeed

Over winter ❄️ when bike is unused I put the charger on for 48 hours just once a month and then remove charger

Yes not cheap by any means. Although cheaper than the local battery shop. BMW took $270 off me. About 150 quid. :barf

Back
Top Bottom