Ifor Williams P6e - big enough for a GS?

T12

Reaction score
Apologies if wrong place but is an Ifor Williams P6e trailer big enough to fit a GS in diagonally??!! Anyone tried?? The trailer bed is 1998mm so it must be tight...would be useful to know as my search goes on given I don’t have a bike trailer!
Cheers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yip - I use my P6e, and a front wheel clamp, takes a 1200 GSA WC with 2 Transit straps down to the tie down points that I fitted, pulling the bike into the front of the trailer. Bike pulled down onto its suspension - solid. My RT WC fits in as well (not at the same time), slightly side ways.

Yip - I use my P6e, and a front wheel clamp, takes a 1200 GSA WC with 2 Transit straps down to the tie down points that I fitted, pulling the bike into the front of the trailer. Bike pulled down onto its suspension - solid. My RT WC fits in as well (not at the same time), slightly side ways.

Please can you post pics of wheel clamp and the tie down points ... I want to modify my trailer :thumb2

Sorry for raising the excitement here, my trailer is the P7e, not the P6e. Hopefully not a flurry of orders placed last night.
Buyer - If you are interested in the tie downs and clamp I can take a photo after Stafford and send through to you. I let T12 know my mistake. He points out that the difference in length between the two is 200 mm

So could you get a GS in a P6 diagonally?!! Anyone?

So could you get a GS in a P6 diagonally?!! Anyone?

Yes I can but it’s a tight squeeze .... need to use straps to compress front end or number plate rubs

Thanks for the reply. How do you compress the front end? Any photos?

Owners handbook for 2008 GS shows front end strapped down by the handlebars. That's they way I do mine and it was good. YouTube has some good tips for strapping down bikes.

Back
Top Bottom