robens lakeshore tent

The headroom inside the inner tent is given as 165cm. A tall person would still have to crouch! You can get 195 by pitching the outer only. This could be an option in the summer. I went for this tent as its footprint was smaller in area than the Lake shore / Galaxy type and the height was better than the Omega 250 - which otherwise is the perfect tent. The GC also packs quite small.
Very small if you leave out the inner tent. Space wise, I'd say it's a 4 person tent where people are quite small! plenty of room for one or two people though.

Everything is a compromise!

Looking fw to Alfie posting info about his Lakeshore.

Remember that a lot of issues with packing a tent relate to the poles and not the fabric; being a single pole tent reduces this issue considerably.

Top tip: Leaving the inner tent connected when taking the tent down makes putting it up much quicker.

Remember that a lot of issues with packing a tent relate to the poles and not the fabric; being a single pole tent reduces this issue considerably.

Top tip: Leaving the inner tent connected when taking the tent down makes putting it up much quicker.

It would also help if the makers gave detailed instructions re pitching the specific tent. I tried again today and since the inner tent was already in there, it was a five minute job. A peg on either side of the entrance; pole inserted and erected; the eight lower pegs in and guys tensioned. Job done. The guys higher up the tent would be needed eventually but the tent was fairly stable despite a moderate breeze. There's plenty of room inside for two. Three would be pushing it. Four? Only on short expeditions with very good pals! :D. In all honesty, the headroom inside for me (at 6 foot) is not enough but anyone shorter would find it sufficient. Even for me, its still better than my old Omega 250 although the Vango was still a great tent.

It would also help if the makers gave detailed instructions re pitching the specific tent. I tried again today and since the inner tent was already in there, it was a five minute job. A peg on either side of the entrance; pole inserted and erected; the eight lower pegs in and guys tensioned. Job done. The guys higher up the tent would be needed eventually but the tent was fairly stable despite a moderate breeze. There's plenty of room inside for two. Three would be pushing it. Four? Only on short expeditions with very good pals! :D. In all honesty, the headroom inside for me (at 6 foot) is not enough but anyone shorter would find it sufficient. Even for me, its still better than my old Omega 250 although the Vango was still a great tent.

Where did you buy it from? I see a couple on eBay for £250 or best offer.

Photos next please. Not seeing the tent in relation to a person standing next to it or in it is what is holding me back from buying one.
Tom

Photos next please. Not seeing the tent in relation to a person standing next to it or in it is what is holding me back from buying one.
Tom

What is sir's height? I will endeavour to get a suitable model to pose next to the tent. :D

:rob 5ft 6 and inside leg 29/30 and well retired.
Just anyone standing next to it would help.
I suppose my main concern is whether it is too big for solo camping. Packed weight and length are OK.

The Lakeshore just looks too complicated for one person to put up, especially if it is windy.

Thanks again.

Tom

165cm = 5.4 feet, so should fit sir like a slightly crooked glove. It did occur to me that replacing the toggles on the inner tent with rubber bands (as in the old Andre Jamet tents) would allow the centre pole to be fully extended with the near tent fitted. Having an option for a smaller inner tent would also make a lot of sense! May even contact Robems about that. Will see who I can dig up nearer Sir's height!

165cm = 5.4 feet, so should fit sir like a slightly crooked glove. It did occur to me that replacing the toggles on the inner tent with rubber bands (as in the old Andre Jamet tents) would allow the centre pole to be fully extended with the near tent fitted. Having an option for a smaller inner tent would also make a lot of sense! May even contact Robems about that. Will see who I can dig up nearer Sir's height!

Thanks
Tom

I am sure this is just a newbie glitch though. More practice needed. I.took some pics and will take more when it do a couple more practice pitches.

If it helps we can bring scorecards to Dent and give you marks out of 10 :D

Robens lakeshore

The tent arrived today, the package wasn’t too big
It’s a bit much to put up on your own and it’s a lot
Bigger than I expected to big for one person I think.
Looks very well made. So after all that I think I’ll be staying with
My Coleman phad and returning it

The tent arrived today, the package wasn’t too big
It’s a bit much to put up on your own and it’s a lot
Bigger than I expected to big for one person I think.
Looks very well made. So after all that I think I’ll be staying with
My Coleman phad and returning it

Where did you buy it from and how much did you pay ?

Thursday I went to Willen Lakes in Milton Keynes, PJ Outdoors had a vast range of tents erected. It had been raining previously and the grass was ‘floating’. All the tents were dry.
They had a Lakeshore and a Green Cone side by side.
The Lakeshore would suit two really well and it looks like it would erect easier with two people putting it up. I would not want to put it up solo. The porch area had lots of height the sleeping area looked perfectly cosy for two.

The Green Cone, rated 4 person, again would be good for two with plenty of room inside. It would be easy for one person to put up. Peg out pole up, simples. It is a little big for one but this is not a deal breaker. Keepin warm in autumn camping is one of my concerns. This may not be too bad as there is not a massive amount of mesh ventilation (unlike the Lone Tree tents where the whole of the upper half of the inner is mesh). At 5ft6 and a half (the half being important to me, anyway) standing up inside is not easy, but better than nothing. The tent was pitched low i.e. the fly was nearly touching the ground so there was probably a little bit (inch or so) more height available.
If it looks like I’ll be camping a few times this summer then I will buy one. The Green Cone is not big when packed or too heavy and is easy to erect.

https://www.pjoutdoors.co.uk/robens-green-cone-2018/p2917
https://www.pjoutdoors.co.uk/robens-lakeshore-2018/p2918

Tom

Back
Top Bottom