Am I missing something"

Flyingdutchman

Reaction score
Hi Guys, bought this used tank bag for my 09 GSA recently. Initially the zippy on bit was missing but it came in the post today. Am I still missing a part that actually connects to the bike? The little bit that zips on to the bag has a velcro like backing....still not sure how it connects to bike at the seat end...

Attachments

• Tank_Bag_2.jpg
    Tank_Bag_2.jpg
    237 KB · Views: 460
Hi Guys, bought this used tank bag for my 09 GSA recently. Initially the zippy on bit was missing but it came in the post today. Am I still missing a part that actually connects to the bike? The little bit that zips on to the bag has a velcro like backing....still not sure how it connects to bike at the seat end...

I think there’s also a bit that connects via a metal bar at the base of the tank under the seat but don’t quote me on it I’m going from memory

Ok that starts to make sense now. Wonder would anybody have one of those sticky pads lying around or point me in the direction to get one :)

I thought I needed something like this (picture stolen from other thread)

Attachments

• Tank Bag.jpg
    Tank Bag.jpg
    238.3 KB · Views: 396
Think the metal bar is for bikes '08 onwards, I have the metal bar but it doesn't fit my '06. You can buy stick on Velcro easily, but the original stuff is quite coarse hooks.

Al.

Think the metal bar is for bikes '08 onwards, I have the metal bar but it doesn't fit my '06. You can buy stick on Velcro easily, but the original stuff is quite coarse hooks.

Al.
Nice one that for that Info I didn't realise that

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Gs and Gsa mounting bars are different, something to be aware of if you go down the secondhand route, although a piece of aluminium bar doesn't take long to bend and drill.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

I have one. Got rid of theta k bag but the bit that sticks under the front of the seat I do have. It has a zip that’ll attach to your bag. I had an old city tank bag. You would need to put fresh adhesive onto it....

The bit I have looks like the bit with the bar minus the bar!!! Send me your address and I’ll send it to you. No use to me.

Amazing forum! But that's old news I suppose :)

Thanks for the offer Smelly!

I like the idea of the bar. When test fitting the bag it looks as if the adhesive velcro patch sits out in sight all the time, not sure if I like that from an aesthetics point of view...looks a bit like pubes showing from under a nice bikini...ahum

Great tip and something I will look in to, making the bar. The bit I have that zips on to the bag doesn't have the metal hook however to grip the metal bar...hmmm (scratching ones head)

Last edited:
Great tip and something I will look in to, making the bar. The bit I have that zips on to the bag doesn't have the metal hook however to grip the metal bar...hmmm (scratching ones head)
The gs and Gsa have different tanks, therefore different bars.

iirc, the gsa has a bolt hole just above the battery, you can also use velcro to stop the zip end rubbing against tank.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Don’t be daft, it’s a couple of euro to stick it in an envelope and post it.

Back
Top Bottom