Decent glove for spring / summer (in the Highlands)

Northern jock

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Need some new gloves, with heated grips they don't need to be full on winter ones but water resistant at least is needed, also not ventilated - it's not California up here so warm enough needed. Shorter cuffs rather than gauntlets so they go inside my leather jacket cuffs. Bit of armour to give you peace of mind.

I've looked at a few in the last year but haven't seen anything that looks worth the asking price.

Any recommendations?

Wear mine inside my sleeve, I don't see how they stay dry if you don't

I agree with you Andy, I wear mine under the sleeve.

Some don't, but like hi-vis vests, you can discuss the benefits of 'in or out', but one of the pretend mods will shout at anyone who dares to discuss...

Rev'it Summit 2. Feels like a summer glove, waterproof, properly protective, easy 3 season with heated grips and down here in the southwest I've not resorted to my winter gloves since I bought them lest autumn. 110 quid at Sportsbikeshop.

Oh, and they go under my Klim cuffs no problem.

I use Rev'it Cayenne Pro gloves most of the time, unless the rain gets really, really heavy, then I use Rukka Apollo gloves.

Even the micro thin lining on the Rukka annoy me though....

D.

I have a pair of Alpiestars Equinox, these are the x-trafit type where the goretex is bonded to the glove outer with a thin soft liner so it cannot pull out like a lot of other makes, armour on the knuckles only and the two outer fingers are linked so your little pinky doesn't get get damaged if you have a mishap!!!
Had them 3 years now, totally waterproof and fine on the GS with heated grips and hand guards, not so warm on the XT with neither fitted. Just over £100 I think.

Al.

I'm a big fan of Weise gear. Bought some stuff from Fowlers when they were getting rid of some end of line stock and have bought some other summer gloves. The textile, waterproof gloves have been waterproof.
https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_cat/315/(3;product_rating;DESC;0-0;m36;53) has a range of choices form £30

Alternatively, I might go for these Drystar gloves - I have a pair of textile ST1 that are no longer available. Lasted very well so might try the brand again.
https://www.ghostbikes.com/21503-alpinestars-c-10-drystar-motorcycle-gloves.html - short, same waterproof mebrane as my gloves, PU armour and lined with Thinsulate

Need some new gloves, with heated grips they don't need to be full on winter ones but water resistant at least is needed, also not ventilated - it's not California up here so warm enough needed. Shorter cuffs rather than gauntlets so they go inside my leather jacket cuffs. Bit of armour to give you peace of mind.

I've looked at a few in the last year but haven't seen anything that looks worth the asking price.

Any recommendations?

Halvarsons Supreme - just bought a pair for summer use

Halvarssons Newman gloves. Not let me down in 3 years and very comfortable, not to bulky and 100% waterproof.

Halvarssons Newman gloves. Not let me down in 3 years and very comfortable, not to bulky and 100% waterproof.

NJ I have a pair and would agree with Victor but the larger cuffs can be a bit of a pain especially when you try to tuck them in when it's raining. I bought a pair of Furygan gloves last year that absolutely fit your bill and are by far my favourite gloves purchased in recent years. I'm a serial glove buyer too. They are a short cuff, extremely comfy to wear, very easy to put on & remove even when very wet . On that point they weren't expensive so I didn't expect them to be 100% waterproof and the soft shell nature of them suggests they wouldn't be but on last months overseas jaunt they remained watertight even after 5hrs of solid rain . And as I said they were very easy to remove and put back on at stops / tolls even when soaking wet.

We also saw temps down to 2 degrees and despite not being a winter glove they were still OK ( with grips on and handguards )

From memory they were about £50 retail and I found them so great to use on that last trip that I decided I must buy another pair as a spare. I'll find out what model they are and report back here :thumb

EDIT : Furygan Jet ..here they are ;
https://www.fc-moto.de/epages/fcm.s...lah9E6tpdm90-sfpZsMqhsnmJbwofPxxoCJbkQAvD_BwE

Don't know what model in the range might suit you but I've started to use "Five" gloves......newish brand that only makes gloves, started by ex-racers.

Sent from a U11

Back
Top Bottom