Hilltop - is it worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anybody have any evidence of the improvements?
Don't think I've ever seen a dyno. Only the hearsay from people who, let's face it, spend more time polishing than riding.
I think it's a case of the emperors' new clothes with none of you man enough to come forward and say "it's all shite"

Which is why no one ever goes back to have a second or third bike done by them :rolleyes:

One size fits all ...

So I’ve read most of the threads and had my last bike done ... and yes it was an improvement... but when I asked what difference a bike with full Akro and no Cat versus a standard bike ... I was told it didn’t matter !!! So I’m sitting on the fence this time ... but really need to sort something soon .

Don't think I've ever seen a dyno. Only the hearsay from people who, let's face it, spend more time polishing than riding.
I think it's a case of the emperors' new clothes with none of you man enough to come forward and say "it's all shite"

Look thro previous posts on here as i have posted results , on my GS ( 3 in total) also i have had my 1200s Ducati done as well and yes it does make a difference , you sound like a bit of an armchair commentator to me ... man up yourself take the Hilltop challenge , pay for the tune and if you don't like it Geoff will give you your money back. You will find your own answer to the comments you posted. Put you money where your mouth and typing fingers are FFS .
Also i ride shit loads and also polish the shit out of my bike as i love it.

So I’ve read most of the threads and had my last bike done ... and yes it was an improvement... but when I asked what difference a bike with full Akro and no Cat versus a standard bike ... I was told it didn’t matter !!! So I’m sitting on the fence this time ... but really need to sort something soon .

I imagine the answer to that one is it doesn't matter as its a tune to get the bike to run as it should regardless to the setup ( exhaust etc )
My full system Remus Headers and Akro end can side by side to a standard bike ( comparison taken over 10 days in Spain) mine was faster out of the bends and also getting to top end.
Top end well , over 140 and the standard ran out before 140., now all bike are different so this is only what we found and also riders make difference , but both ex racers so pretty equal.

Yes, I have two dyno runs of before/after.

Gsa has akra headers/can with decat. K&N and iridium plugs. Ended up with 104bhp at 7400, fuel/air ratio was 40:1 went to 14:1

RR has full race akra, fuelling optimised and 203@ 14,150 but almost 20bhp more in midrange.

As an engineer my objective opinion is that the driveability has improved, especially on gsa as the 4000rpm hole has been markedly reduced.

The fuel consumption is approx 4mpg better compared to before, assuming you don't use the extra performance!

rr is smoother and subjectively quicker revving.

Yes, there are other solutions, pays monies makes choice.

Interestingly, my local motorrad is offering hilltop ecu service, if it didn't work they'd soon have pissed off customers.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

fuel/air ratio was 40:1 went to 14:1

Ok so 14:1 is slightly richer than the stoichiometric air/fuel ratio of 14.7:1 but I don't think it would run on 40:1 which would leaner than a very lean thing.

Interestingly, my local motorrad is offering hilltop ecu service, if it didn't work they'd soon have pissed off customers.

I'm guessing this is Motorrad Central. What exactly are they offering - remove the ECU and send it to Hilltop....?

I'm guessing this is Motorrad Central. What exactly are they offering - remove the ECU and send it to Hilltop....?

Well that's interesting. I just phoned Motorrad Central and they're remapping in-house with Hilltop software, albeit without dyno runs, for £350.

Well that's interesting. I just phoned Motorrad Central and they're remapping in-house with Hilltop software, albeit without dyno runs, for £350.
Yes it is Central.

The 40:1 was the first run, they run very very lean.

The 14•7:1 is the optimum, and I am running slightly richer, but it does pop/bang nicely

The rr is around 18:1 but seems to pickup better and is smoother than before.

I can say that I am happy with how both of them run.

Engineer, Engineer, you need to pop down - no excuses! if the dealership are loading Hilltops magic then it must be good.

Yes it is Central.

The 40:1 was the first run, they run very very lean.

The 14•7:1 is the optimum, and I am running slightly richer, but it does pop/bang nicely

The rr is around 18:1 but seems to pickup better and is smoother than before.

I can say that I am happy with how both of them run.

Your bike was not running at 40:1. Someone wasn’t using the dyno properly. At Hilltop? Surely not?!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom