Complimentary end of warranty check

ShakeyBMW

S K P
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I’ve been offered this by my local dealer. Is it worth doing or are they just fishing for non existent problems they can charge me for?

my local dealer offers this with the car - its usually worth doing - they run a software version check to make sure you are up-to-date and check over the vehicle to see if anything should be changed while the warranty is still active.

I think if you can fit it in then i'd go for it and see what they say.

It's complimentary plus if you take a bag with you then you can raid their fridge and steal all their biscuits :clap

It's a win/win :augie

Had mine checked a few weeks ago.
They picked up corrosion on the underside of the final drive. Had it replaced for free last week, along with some bearings in it/associated with it.
Apparently the BMW approved used warranty does not cover corrosion, so glad now I had the check carried out.

Yeah go for it, if they find no warranty probs you can argue the toss with them or tell them to leave it .

My daughters Bmw car was run through this scheme ,she needed a new turbo or something on the engine all covered under warranty would have been3.5 k out of it !

Yeah go for it, if they find no warranty probs you can argue the toss with them or tell them to leave it .

My daughters Bmw car was run through this scheme ,she needed a new turbo or something on the engine all covered under warranty would have been3.5 k out of it !

At a slight tangent, when to the local bmw dealer the other day to have my summer wheels put on the car. Usually it's a free latte and a biscuit bar. It appears that they're now throwing is breakfast as well (well, cereals or toast..)

Good to see your money being well spent.

If they find anything, they can fix it and claim it back from BMW.
Won’t cost you anything.
I’d call it getting maximum value from your warranty.
What’s not to like?

Back
Top Bottom