Schwazwald ? Freudenstdat

Status
Not open for further replies.

mickellard

Reaction score
ADVICE NEEDED

We're off to the Black Forest in a couple of weeks and staying in Freudenstdat for a couple of nights. Has anyone stayed here who can advise me on parking?

Stayed there a couple of times,nice town.
Parked in front of hotels , no problem.
There is an underground car park in the square.

who can advise me on parking

Main stand. Always the main stand. It confirms you as a man.

Assuming you are staying in a hotel, rather than bivying in a ditch, hedgehog in pocket and brew heating slowly on a smouldering damp 20 day old copy Deutsche Zeitung you have found in a bin, you could ask them. They might speak 'foreign' but hey, that's life.

Assuming you are staying in a hotel, rather than bivying in a ditch, hedgehog in pocket and brew heating slowly on a smouldering damp 20 day old copy Deutsche Zeitung you have found in a bin, you could ask them. They might speak 'foreign' but hey, that's life.

Sensible reply!
Thanks for that,

Hotel or just leave it unlocked in the main square next to the tremendous fountains

It'll be reet

If concerned about where to leave my bike overnight I tend to explore the possibilities before committing to a Hotel / Location.

Personally I tend to steer clear of towns and cities, but from my experience of the Black Forest (stayed there for at least a night or two every year for the last decade) you have a lot less to fear than any UK town, but in the villages you could leave it with the keys in the ignition, helmet on the mirror and bike clobber on the seat and I would still be amazed if the bike or any kit went overnight.

ADVICE NEEDED

We're off to the Black Forest in a couple of weeks and staying in Freudenstdat for a couple of nights. Has anyone stayed here who can advise me on parking?
In Freudenstadt you should park in the suitably eponymous joyful, pleasurable manner.

Don't fret. The chances of your awesome steed being lifted from in front of your hotel are essentially zero, certainly less than it being taken from your garage at home.

Drove through Freudenstadt a couple of days ago. I would suggest avoiding it for at least the next month as they and planing and then relaying the roads through the main square.

Stayed in Freudenstadt a few years ago and the hotel had garages reserved for motorbikes with no charge.

Stayed in Freudenstadt a few years ago and the hotel had garages reserved for motorbikes with no charge.

If only you could remember which of the many hotels in Freudenstadt it was you stayed at, I'm sure the OP would be delighted.

If only you could remember which of the many hotels in Freudenstadt it was you stayed at, I'm sure the OP would be delighted.

There is a group of us travelling, split between two hotels. One has parking, the other does not.
I just simply wanted to know if parking is as liberal here as it is in other parts of Germany / Europe.

You really need a girlfriend!

There is a group of us travelling, split between two hotels. One has parking, the other does not.

We know, eight of you, you told us when you asked for hotels in Verdun and we know that you’ll be staying off motorways, as you told us that too. Which of the two hotels are you in? Enjoy your holiday, with it’s liberal parking. Are you the leader?

Stayed one night there last year. The whole town was shut except for a single restaurant.
Wanted to look in the unique L-shaped church. It was shut. The fountains were working - whoopie!
Stayed here
http://hotelwarteck.de/
Lets just say it wasn't all it was cracked up to be.
Will not be returning.

What a prick you are.If you can't think of anything helpful to say why bother replying?? No one thinks you are funny.

What a prick you are.If you can't think of anything helpful to say why bother replying?? No one thinks you are funny.

I have encountered some pricks in my time, but he's a fucking cactus!

There's generally two types of people on most forums, those who look for advice, share experiences, and general chat, and then there's those with relatively empty lives who bang out 4,000 odd posts a year spouting drivel with nothing really to say, safe in their solace they can hide behind their keyboard and still maintain a certain amount of anonymity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom