ROAD CLOSURE

turpin

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Took a bimble up to Nairn today nice but chilly in parts.

On the way up i discovered a sign at Gairnshiel bridge [A939] indicating that this road heading towards the Corgarff the Lecht etc will be closed for 3 weeks as from 14th May ................bummer!!

What a shame I’ll miss that off to Italy on the bike for 3 weeks then :jager

That's so that they can do the now annual exercise of fixing the surface - by covering the bloody thing with gravel that doesn't go away till the snow comes.

It's the only road I know where so much loose gravel is left after repairs, just as the good weather starts. Someone in the roads dept hates bikes I reckon.

That's so that they can do the now annual exercise of fixing the surface - by covering the bloody thing with gravel that doesn't go away till the snow comes.

It's the only road I know where so much loose gravel is left after repairs, just as the good weather starts. Someone in the roads dept hates bikes I reckon.
It’s so they can use tradiional lime mortar to repair the bridges. See above linky.

Lots of roads closed in London E1. Feckers being forced to run instead of drive. It’s an outrage.

Lots of roads closed in London E1. Feckers being forced to run instead of drive. It’s an outrage.

Saw all those Londoners running, thought that Viners were having a flash sale

“Hopefully this will also mean the road doesn’t have to be closed for repairs later in the year

It doesnt like like they have confidence in the potential road repairs that are planned

Back
Top Bottom