First 100 Miles

I suffered a similar PITA on my 1st decent ride out on my 67 plate lowered GS on Thursday which has a thinner seat than yours. I had by then been riding for well over 2 hours having ridden from Worcestershire out on the A44 to Builth Wells, on though Llandovery and down to Camarthen as the Llandovery/Lampeter road was closed. It wasn't until I got to Lampeter that it got uncomfortable so as others have said some of your discomfort may just be down to not doing any miles over winter. Cycling undies help as they come with some padding and crucially no seams to create pressure points (Aldi do them for about a fiver on special deals from time to time). I also have a tourtecs gell pad off ebay which helps too for not a lot of money compared to the alternatives, but had neither on Thursday:blast

Now don't take this the wrong way but. Your post suggests to me that you have not ridden any bike during the winter? If that is the case then of course your backside will be a bit sore if you jump on and do 100 miles. Give the seat a bit of time for it, and your arse, to bed in before spending lots of cash you might not need.

I've not ridden for 15 years.

I'll give the seamless gear a go, and hopefully in time the seat and I will gell (npi) before I go looking to the aftermarket, thanks.

Another cheaper alternative which many have tried and liked is to wear a pair of cycling shorts under your troos. Enjoy getting back in the saddle.

Another cheaper alternative which many have tried and liked is to wear a pair of cycling shorts under your troos. Enjoy getting back in the saddle.

Hmm, cyclist's underwear on under the troos? Isn't that what's usually known as a fetish? ;)

Back
Top Bottom