First 100 Miles

developer

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
For anyone interested, I finally got to fire up my brand new (but 67 plate) GSA today :thumb

100 miles later here's a few thoughts:

At my height of 5' 11" 1/2 the screen doesn't work very well on any setting - it's not really an issue, just a bit annoying.

The seat isn't overly comfortable, but that might be pressure from the seams on me undies.

The handling is sublime - easily the best I've had, and I've had a few over the years - it really does feel like a 125 once on the move.

It's ponderous old bus when moving it around by hand - it's not hard to see why people drop them.

TFT - excellent - crystal clear and informative even in today's 27 deg bright sunlight.

Can't get used to the quick shifter - I like to use a clutch, though this may change over time.

The tyres (Dunlop Roadsmart III's) are excellent - and quieter than I remember the demo bike's AIII's so I'm glad I changed them.

The tank on a GSA is a work of art - the view from the seat over the tank is the sweet spot of the visuals.

Overall a good start and I'm looking forward to some more running in miles over the weekend :thumb2

Pictured with my pal on his cafe racer that broke down 3 times in 3 miles :D.

Attachments

• 20180419_132923[1].jpg
    20180419_132923[1].jpg
    268.5 KB · Views: 914
For anyone interested, I finally got to fire up my brand new (but 67 plate) GSA today :thumb

At my height of 5' 11" 1/2 the screen doesn't work very well on any setting - it's not really an issue, just a bit annoying.

The seat isn't overly comfortable, but that might be pressure from the seams on me undies.

The handling is sublime - easily the best I've had, and I've had a few over the years - it really does feel like a 125 once on the move.

It's ponderous old bus when moving it around by hand - it's not hard to see why people drop them.

TFT - excellent - crystal clear and informative even in today's 27 deg bright sunlight.

Can't get used to the quick shifter - I like to use a clutch, though this may change over time.

The tyres (Dunlop Roadsmart III's) are excellent - and quieter than I remember the demo bike's AIII's so I'm glad I changed them.

The tank on a GSA is a work of art - the view from the seat over the tank is the sweet spot of the visuals.

Overall a good start and I'm looking forward to some more running in miles over the weekend :thumb2

Look like an import cb750kz.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

It's certainly an odd one - though the wire wheels were fitted by the owner.
UK ones had 4 into 4, comstars and twin front discs, us/canada single disc wire wheels.

Only breaking down 3 times, it is a 38 year bike !

Imagine what condition our bikes will be in in 38 year's time.

Enjoy your bike.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Glad your happy , and enjoy your new bike , other screens available for you to try , have a search on the forum.
Handling is great , try some seamless BMW shorts or Klim
The quick shifter will grow on you and you will find it usefull .
Tyres good choice to change from as agree the Anakee 3 shit
Oh I have the GS which is the slimmer sister so not so big to maul around ...keep up the Weetabix :clap:clap

Nice news, given that you are not the tallest out there, you might want to start trying your HSC on small slopes, it might help later, once you master it, it is useful to take all the weight off the legs.

Screen from Now until October - Puig sport screen. Just buy spare grommets and brackets and it's a simps swap out if required.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You could put the regular GS seats on it. I have the 'Exclusive' seats which are great, believe they changed the name to 'Comfort' seats

Looks great in the best and obviously faster red.

Airhawk for those longer days in the saddle will sort the sore arse but the screen will then feel even less useful. Look at one of the Wunderlich screen extensions if it really bothers you. I've got one which was great on my last Europe trip. As long as the QS is setup properly you'll get used to it, the down blipper is huge fun once you start getting a shift on.

The GS-ADV and the GS-Rally with ADV suspension/shorter TL arm are the best bikes for the road period...:thumby:
Even better with the Rally seat and Akrapovic EU-3 slip-on with baffles out...:thumb
With 150 or so hp they would be perfect...
Congrats !

Screen from Now until October - Puig sport screen. Just buy spare grommets and brackets and it's a simps swap out if required.

Never thought of spare grommets and brackets. Good idea.

Must be some that are the same, as they all come from China, 2 quid a grommet from BMW, that is madness

Its not the grommets its the plastic bits. £3 worth of mouldings!

Now don't take this the wrong way but. Your post suggests to me that you have not ridden any bike during the winter? If that is the case then of course your backside will be a bit sore if you jump on and do 100 miles. Give the seat a bit of time for it, and your arse, to bed in before spending lots of cash you might not need.

Back
Top Bottom