GS bikes and Pigeons

Couple of years ago I was headed to work early morning and a pigeon flew out of the hedgerow. It missed my bike completely hurrah! However I managed to head butt it on it way past me, boo! I’m not sure exactly where it impacted my helmet but it was at the front as my visor was covered in white dust where the damn thing ‘exploded’, feathers everywhere :eek:. I was amazed the visor didn’t crack, Shoei quality I guess. The only damage was a sore neck for couple of days from the whiplash effect of head-pigeon meeting at speed.

Nasty.... I'm sure one could knock you out if it got you right.... Flying rats !! :)

Haha, thanks for the thread link....

I got hit square in the face today, 60mph... pigeon..... and I was on my GSA.

Was like a punch in the mouth.... lol

Haha, thanks for the thread link....

I got hit square in the face today, 60mph... pigeon..... and I was on my GSA.

Was like a punch in the mouth.... lol

Apparently they are attracted to shiny alloy wheels

A friend of mine had a pheasant strike, nearside rad hanging off by one hose and a load of smashed plastics and bracketry.
One week before going on a trip, of course.

Apparently they are attracted to shiny alloy wheels

Ha, you may be closer to the truth than you think there....

They do have Michelin PRT tyres most likely make less noise than the Anakee3 tyres I'm used to running on spoked wheels.

Those Anakee3 tyres sound like a dear whistle at 60mph haha.... perfect

So quiet tyres, be careful what you wish for....

All of these & more. I live on the edge of Salisbury Plain. Before the GSA, I had a Pan. 0700 summers morning, 60Mph on a country road when a brace of mallard fly in from my right. One hit the screen, the other hit me shoulder and head. Had I not been banking right into a bend, hey would have hit me square. I felt like I had been swiped by a slice of lemon.. wrapped around a breeze block. How I didn't come off I'll never know.

My commute across the plain is generally at 0600-0700 and/or 1800-1900 and I realised the need for a deer whistle a year or two back. The bloody things are determined to kill me. It's dark during the commute at the moment, so the deer are less prevalent while the dawn/dusk is late but in a month or two time, some fecker will get hit - and I don't want it to be me! Not SURE if the whistle will work but its worth a punt at £3.

Back
Top Bottom