Public service announcement - Bestist bike ever

Deleted account 210604001

Reaction score
I can now confirm that the bestist bike ever is a Ducati 899 :D .

Have done about 700 miles on it this week, and its reliable, amazing fun and economical (I saw 66 mpg on the M11 on Wednesday).

Longest I've ever owned a bike, and despite a half hearted attempt to sell it earlier in the year I've decided its staying for another year. SW Motech semi rigid luggage, ducati tailpack, ducati comfort seat, ducati grippy pegs and a Garmin make for a perfect tourer.

God help me for the 30K service. (Or more accurately, Bank Manager help me).

RBW.

I lust after one of these, please tell us about the big service. I'm 6'1" with a 32 inside leg, how would I cope? Can't get rid of the BMW yet til after motorrad days in July.

Good for you. Enjoy it! :thumb

I don't think I could actually fit on one :(

I lust after one of these, please tell us about the big service. I'm 6'1" with a 32 inside leg, how would I cope? Can't get rid of the BMW yet til after motorrad days in July.

The seating position is pretty good, look at this website and compare it to something you know http://cycle-ergo.com/ . The only thing I did was added the Ducati comfort seat as it has a little more padding. Im just on 6'.

The big service is every 15K, where I also needed a new Chain and sprocket due to a stiff link (plenty of adjustment left). It was just shy of £900 from memory. Most of this is labour to split the bike in two to get at the valves.

899 has now been superseded by the Euro iV 959, still a wonderful bike but unfortunately a huge exhaust added (there is an aftermarket akra that will put back the underslung type).

Hope this helps.

RBW.

Back
Top Bottom