S1000xr is the GS more comfortable?.

XR is a great bike but it just tries to steal your driving license all the time, I mean come on guys this thing is mean, it just wants to be razzed, so Massey ferguson it must be and the other half loves the tractor, no neck braces needed. :D

Yes it is and I reckon if you are being honest with yourself, you agree.

I really don’t. Pictures don’t do bikes justice, but in the flesh, the 1290 looks loads better than the GS. All that aside, it rides better as well. You seem to be concerned about looks too much.

I really don’t. Pictures don’t do bikes justice, but in the flesh, the 1290 looks loads better than the GS. All that aside, it rides better as well. You seem to be concerned about looks too much.

You have the S right? Did you ever try the T model? I tried to like it but just couldn't Rock hard seat and just didn't feel good to me.

I like the look of the new S model though

You have the S right? Did you ever try the T model? I tried to like it but just couldn't Rock hard seat and just didn't feel good to me.

I like the look of the new S model though

Probably a crime, but I prefer the black model - takes the eye of the large area of plastic panels.

Looks aside like look only a mother could love if you can call what KTM did "design" the 1290 KTM is definitely not the answer to the GS vs XR question !
My friend bought a new 1290 and let me ride it last week after breaking it in.More power than a GS yes but at the cost of horrible chain chop below 3000 rpm...:(
I think even Hilltop could not cure it...;)
But way slower steering than a GS and compared to a XR which steers even faster the XR engine is smooth from idle and pulls way harder and faster than the 129 KTM.
If it wasn't for the chain the XR would be mine.
The only superbike that is comfortable and practical !
Only thing better would be a R1300XR...hopefully for 2019...:thumby:
If it is not coming I might still get an XR despite the chain...:eek:,because it is so much fun !

The XR is like riding a S1000RR on stilts. Wrong engine for touring, wanting to get wanged to the redline all the time, pogo'ing all over the place on stilts, whilst wedged in the highly sculpted seat with your nuts cramped on the tank.

Give me the GS all day long.

Stick with the XR...it is not just a fast GS, it is a totally different feel but those who hav commented so far probably haven’t spent much time on the XR.
I had a GS LC for 3 years and enjoyed 24k commuting and touring but reluctantly switched to the XR when I needed more poke to stay with my mates on sports bikes. It took a while to get used to the buzzy engine and vibration and whilst it isn’t quite as comfy as the GS it is an awesome machine that does more than you can 8magine, including off-road.

My advice is stick with, put it in dynamic to reduce the vibration and learn to love it as I have ��

Stick with the XR...it is not just a fast GS, it is a totally different feel but those who hav commented so far probably haven’t spent much time on the XR.
I had a GS LC for 3 years and enjoyed 24k commuting and touring but reluctantly switched to the XR when I needed more poke to stay with my mates on sports bikes. It took a while to get used to the buzzy engine and vibration and whilst it isn’t quite as comfy as the GS it is an awesome machine that does more than you can 8magine, including off-road.

My advice is stick with, put it in dynamic to reduce the vibration and learn to love it as I have ��
I spent 12000 on a GSA LC in one year and 15000 on an XR the next The differenc
e in miles should tell you something

The XR vibes stopped you nodding off ?
There never were any on mine
Well there were but only in a short 250 rev band at just below 5K so never bothered me

Some did and some didn't and it was possibly due to the engine mounts and the order in which the were torqued up allegedly

Nutty put the wine down , the KTM is not a good looking bike …. its like a well used Whore , battered , sloppy and butt ugly.
Now the BM is like a wall flower with blades …..:bounce1:bounce1:bounce1:bounce1:bounce1:bounce1:beerjug: I had one today …. he was quick but messy .. reeled him in .. fuc him off ,, he was quick but the roads were not good for top end..the Bm is a better bike in the right place , big long straights , fair play but put a section together and the the KTM unfolds like a badly constructed IKEA shelf unit .:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:thumb2:thumb2

Nutty put the wine down , the KTM is not a good looking bike …. its like a well used Whore , battered , sloppy and butt ugly.
Now the BM is like a wall flower with blades …..:bounce1:bounce1:bounce1:bounce1:bounce1:bounce1:beerjug: I had one today …. he was quick but messy .. reeled him in .. fuc him off ,, he was quick but the roads were not good for top end..the Bm is a better bike in the right place , big long straights , fair play but put a section together and the the KTM unfolds like a badly constructed IKEA shelf unit .:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:thumb2:thumb2

Time he changed his name to the Nutty KTMer. Seems very anti GSER these days

You’re comparing all KTM’s to one crap rider ;)

Open your mind, and take one out for a day. Even you won’t be able to deny that the KTM is more involving and fun to ride than the GS.

Keep taking the mushrooms! :D

Back
Top Bottom