S1000xr is the GS more comfortable?.

You need 2 bikes. The GS for touring and everyday, then a sports bike (or variant) for when you want excitement. The GS isn’t exciting, and the XR engine isn’t any good for touring.

I have the GS for touring and S1000RR for trackdays and occasional road use- perfect combination.

You’re comparing all KTM’s to one crap rider ;)

Open your mind, and take one out for a day. Even you won’t be able to deny that the KTM is more involving and fun to ride than the GS.

Keep taking the mushrooms! :D

I have twice to see what the fuss is about and still cant find the magic you speak of , ill stick with my BM meds :thumb2:thumb2

You need 2 bikes. The GS for touring and everyday, then a sports bike (or variant) for when you want excitement. The GS isn’t exciting, and the XR engine isn’t any good for touring.

I have the GS for touring and S1000RR for trackdays and occasional road use- perfect combination.

I went from GSA to XR ....... principally for touring. Much prefer the XR.

I went from GSA to XR ....... principally for touring. Much prefer the XR.

We are all different , I found the XR vibey and hard work .. and hard to ride smooth , great on big open roads / motorways etc but where I ride it was out of sorts. Great bike tho , just not as good as the GS.
I would as others have stated , different bike for different days but the GS does all very well. Once I had Multi S and the GS and an R1 , I got rid of two and kept the GS as this bike was the default bike to ride, as I was never disappointed with it or frustrated.
Again we are all different and it would be a boring world if we all like the same .

Exactly.

I toured quite happily on an HP4 and HP2 Sport. I’d do it again tomorrow.

Go to any half decent Alpine pass and you’ll find bods touring on anything from a scooter, to a bicycle, to a GS to an R1 to a moped.

I pulled all the unnecessary luggage racks off my new GSA TB, dialed the Dynamic Pro mode up to the max throttle response and disabled the DTC. Pair that with the dynamic suspension it handles and drives just like a sports bike, albeit with slightly less power.

I toured quite happily on an HP4 and HP2 Sport. I’d do it again tomorrow.

Go to any half decent Alpine pass and you’ll find bods touring on anything from a scooter, to a bicycle, to a GS to an R1 to a moped.

Yeah, you're right - you can tour on anything. I took the RR to the TT last week and spent probably the most amount of time on it since I bought it and still enjoyed myself. The GS would have been better for most of it though, but the RR will be 10X better than the GS at Cadwell on Friday. I should qualify that the type of touring I do is usually quite slow, often 2 up and taking in the scenery rather than hunting out great biking roads.

I pulled all the unnecessary luggage racks off my new GSA TB, dialed the Dynamic Pro mode up to the max throttle response and disabled the DTC. Pair that with the dynamic suspension it handles and drives just like a sports bike, albeit with slightly less power.

It is all relative.... my XR eats my GS in the handling stakes....which one would I rather ride to Sydney (3000km)....the mighty GS, no contest...:beerjug:

All the vibes have gone from the XR as well...

Back
Top Bottom