Sourcing a S/S decat eliminator for 1150GSA

Rugged Path

The Honourable.
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
After nearly 15yrs of ownership, I’ve decided to fit the above and remove the CAT box while keeping the original silencer. The titanium Z-Tecknik race can system bought and fitted last year is just too loud for this bike.
On eBay, I have seen one from ‘Black Widow’ for £140 and one from Poland for around £115.

Does anybody know of others available ‘off the shelf’ and which accommodates the centre stand with a fitted bracket?

Sent from Steve's fancy iPad using Tapatalk

Motad do one and, being based in Walsall, are handy for any repairs. Mine developed a crack which they did a very good job of rewelding when I was working in Birmingham one day. Dropped off on the way south and collected again on my way home, later that day.

On my old 850, I bought a Keihan pipe, same one for a 1150gs as well, it still is looking new, clean, tidy ...a joy to look at even after 3 years (old bike still around locally)

Several people supply the Y-pipe conversion, complete with exhaust air sampler socket and buffer plate for the folded centre-stand. I've done it on my last three 4-valve boxer bikes. Just look on the Bay to see how many of those stainless steel OEM cat box lumps are on offer. The box weighs about 13kg and was designed by Berlin to make the bikes comply with the Californian air-freshness / emission regulations, where you're not even allowed to fart in the open air.

I highly recommend the Y-pipe, so long as you keep the OEM silencer / end can. Most aftermarket ones push you down to the idiot noise level standard of the Hardly DoesAnything brigade, which values image and pose above all else in motorcycling.

But don't believe the Y-pipe suppliers' claims about potential power increase. Balderdash. The weight-saving is the main benefit and there's no danger of failing "normal" emission level tests. Let's face it, if VolksWagen can comply, what do we have to fear ?

My last two Y-pipes were Black Widow brand. Good stuff.
Don't forget to swap over the exhaust-air sampler thingie that's screwed into the OEM cat box lump.
It's way down low so may be crudded-up with UK-roads salt corrosion.
Take your time and plenty of lube and care when freeing it off.

Back
Top Bottom