Price rise already.

Sooty09

Reaction score
When the Motorrad configurator was first made available the price for a std colour bike with heated grips and a centre stand was £9485/GS850 and £8035/GS850.
On today's configurator the same bikes will cost £10160 and £8710, a rise of over 7%.
Cannot blame Brexit, bike is from China.
Cannot blame £ value as last week it was briefly above the referendum value and the pound was very low when the original configurator was launched.
I can only assume the original price was given to generate more interest in the bikes.

My local dealers official pre order portal still shows the old prices. I'm confused now, the Motorrad site no longer shows the f850gs configurator. Let's wait and see what happens at the official launch in May.

Now the bike is in the dealers and they have the final selling prices the actual cost is
850 with stand and heated grips, in white (Extra cost but looks so good) £9700 otr.
750 with stand and heated grips in std white £8050.
I think that's a very good price and super competitive.
Is it value for money? I'll know after my road tests today. Only problem I have is the F800GS is such a hard act to follow.

Yes, both good value for money if stock or just the heated grips and stand fitted. Both ride very well and differently. The 850 is easier to pull away on but once moving you don't notice the lower power of the 750, it's so much more agile and compared to the 850, it's much faster from A to B.
I liked both bikes but the 850 despite the extra money just seems to offer a little more satisfaction.
My big wish list
Scrap the existing riding modes which are no real use and give it the 850 mode and 750 mode. Then the 750 GS would be the better bike.

All BMW prices are rising , Nav 6 is apparently going up by £40 or £50 in the next fortnight

Back
Top Bottom