Lost key.

Aha! Some progress. Dealer told me to hold the black key next to the transmitter symbol on the dash (which is wrong) - correct place is next to the lhs fork leg as per the video. At least I can start the bloody thing now.

Cheers Smogbob :thumby:

Cool now dont bloody well lose the black one................:rob

Well look for the zipped pocket...............have you got the spare Orange programming key
There is no orange programming key. there's backup (passive) key which will start the bike one time out of twenty attempts.

There is no orange programming key. there's backup (passive) key which will start the bike one time out of twenty attempts.

Yep figured out later you have Keyless hence you only have the Black emergency key..............:blast hope you put the keycard number somewhere safe.

Did you put it in the fruit bowl along with all the other vehicle key fobs.....:D

The receiver for the passive key is on the inside of the fairing on the LHS - there a transmitter symbol there if you look carefully. (pity its not mentioned in the manual:blast)

It isn't next to the dash on the LHS (as advised by the dealer) where there is also a transmitter symbol.

It’s in your front garden. You got home, the key fell on the floor, and you kicked it down the drive or into the flowerbed without realising.

get someone else to go through your pockets , yes i know you have ,....... new pair of eyes .

i feel your frustration .

i have a carabiner on most jackets , i hook my keys there . my proximity fobs go around my neck , under my shirt .

I’d be checking for holes in pockets that might allow the keys to drop into the lining.

I know you’ve held the jacket near the bike but I’d still check and I know this is a stupid suggestion but have you looked inside your crash helmet? I’ve ‘lost’ mine in my crash helmet more than once.

When you say that you have held items up to the bike, what were you hoping to see on the dash that confirmed or otherwise that the key was not in it? Is it the orange/yellow light? I find that only comes on when you press the ready to race button.
Could you have unlocked the seat and then put the key in the 'space' below and then closed the seat?

.............. Is it the orange/yellow light? I find that only comes on when you press the ready to race button.

The WHAT?

The READY TO RACE BUTTON??

It's funny enough when the info panel on mine briefly shows the 'ready to race' thang but you boys have a ready to race 'button'???

:jes

Andres

This is going to be some explanation, whenever the "key" is found.

I don't know about these new fangled keyless systems, but if the bike was running and let's say the fob fell out of your pocket somewhere, does the bike continue to run or does it switch off?

D.

This is going to be some explanation, whenever the "key" is found.

I don't know about these new fangled keyless systems, but if the bike was running and let's say the fob fell out of your pocket somewhere, does the bike continue to run or does it switch off?

D.

Bike runs until you switch it off

Where did you stop prior to coming home on the last trip [shop/relatives/garage]?

Back
Top Bottom