Lost key.

This is going to be some explanation, whenever the "key" is found.

I don't know about these new fangled keyless systems, but if the bike was running and let's say the fob fell out of your pocket somewhere, does the bike continue to run or does it switch off?

D.

It carries on running but unless you’re blind it makes sure you know when the key went out of range by flashing a message up on the instrument panel telling you it’s gone.

The key is on his property (assuming that’s where the bike is) and the only was he’s going to speed up its recovery is by purchasing a replacement. I don’t think a new key, coded to the bike is going to be cheap :blast

When you say that you have held items up to the bike, what were you hoping to see on the dash that confirmed or otherwise that the key was not in it? Is it the orange/yellow light? I find that only comes on when you press the ready to race button.
Could you have unlocked the seat and then put the key in the 'space' below and then closed the seat?
Procedure is to bring jackets, boots, bags, clothes to the bike and pressing the RtR button. Alternatively manouvering the bike around the house and garden and repeating same.

It carries on running but unless you’re blind it makes sure you know when the key went out of range by flashing a message up on the instrument panel telling you it’s gone.

The key is on his property (assuming that’s where the bike is) and the only was he’s going to speed up its recovery is by purchasing a replacement. I don’t think a new key, coded to the bike is going to be cheap :blast
£152 and indeterminate delivery date.

I have to admit I have not waded through all 5 pages of piss taking to see if anyone answered your question, but...

The non-transmitter key has to be held against a marked area on the black plastic inner fairing on the left hand side of the bike.
It's near the fork leg and bloody near impossible to see without a torch, but if you run your hand along the plastic you can feel the ridges which mark where the receiver is.
Range is very limited so they key has to be in the right spot or it won't work.

P.S. Replacements from KTM can be got, but a circa £80 if I remember right :(

Hope you find it...

I have to admit I have not waded through all 5 pages of piss taking to see if anyone answered your question, but...

The non-transmitter key has to be held against a marked area on the black plastic inner fairing on the left hand side of the bike.
It's near the fork leg and bloody near impossible to see without a torch, but if you run your hand along the plastic you can feel the ridges which mark where the receiver is.
Range is very limited so they key has to be in the right spot or it won't work.

P.S. Replacements from KTM can be got, but a circa £80 if I remember right :(

Hope you find it...
They have, he knows.

What do you expect here tea and sympathy?

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Fuckityfuckshitbollocks!

Came home, put the bike away. 24 hrs later no sign of the key. Had the bloody house upside down, definitely not here.

Pushed the bike around the house and garden to use it as a key-detector, but zip.

What's the procedure for getting a new key? Waiting for the dealer to get back to me- they don't seem to know.

I'm guessing ££££.

Lost mine in France last year on my GS had to use emergency key for a week which wasn’t as easy a it looks with luggage on. It cost me £169 and had to go to dealer with log book before they would order one then took nearly 2 weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You need a mummy to do a mummy look they always find everything

Back
Top Bottom