Lost key.

Thought most KTM,s came with the Orange key to reprogram up to 4 keys in case of a lost key.

The orange programming key must only be used for activating and deactivating!
If a black ignition key is lost or needs to be replaced, the individual black ignition keys need to be enabled or disabled using the
orange programming key. This prevents the vehicle from being operated with the lost black ignition key.
You can activate or deactivate up to four black ignition keys. Only the black ignition keys programmed during an activation proce-
dure are valid. All black ignition keys not programmed during the activation procedure are invalid, but can be reprogrammed in a
further activation procedure.
Loss of a black ignition key (additional black ignition keys are available):
The following procedure deactivates all activated black ignition keys that are not
included in the procedure.
– Press the emergency OFF switch to the position ON
– Insert the orange programming key in the ignition lock.
– Switch on the ignition by turning the orange programming key to the position ON
– Switch off the ignition by turning the orange programming key to the position OFF
– Pull out the orange programming key.
– Insert the black ignition key in the ignition lock.
– Switch on the ignition by turning the black ignition key to the position ON
401114-10
Immobilizer indicator lamp
L01453-01
lights up.
lights up.
ELECTRICAL SYSTEM
– Switch off the ignition by turning the black ignition key to the position OFF
– Remove the black ignition key.
– Switch on the ignition by turning the orange programming key to the position ON
The immobilizer indicator lamp flashes according to the number of func-
tional black ignition keys including the orange programming key. In this case,
it flashes twice.
– Switch off the ignition by turning the orange programming key to the position OFF
The lost black ignition key is deactivated.
The existing black ignition key is reactivated.
Loss of all black ignition keys (no black ignition keys are available):
This procedure is important to prevent misuse of the lost black ignition key.

401114-11
Press the emergency OFF switch to the position ON
ELECTRICAL SYSTEM
lights up.
tional black ignition keys including the orange programming key. In this case,
it flashes once since all black ignition keys are deactivated.
L01453-01
– Order a new black ignition key according to the key number on the KEYCODECARD
and activate it.
All black ignition keys are deactivated.
To activate up to three black ignition keys:
lights up.
lights up.
– If two other black ignition keys are to be activated, repeat the last steps with the
respective ignition key.
ELECTRICAL SYSTEM
– If the last black ignition key was activated, insert the orange programming key into
the ignition lock.
tional black ignition keys including the orange programming key.
Info
Activation of the ignition key is finished.
To activate four black ignition keys:
lights up.
lights up.
– If three other black ignition keys are to be activated, repeat the last steps with the
respective ignition key.
ELECTRICAL SYSTEM
Info
After the fourth black ignition key has been activated, programming is fin-
ished.
great info!!

but not for the keyless ride bikes

the only get the flick key with battery and chip that works when one is close enough to the bike.

And the black key with chip but no battery
To use this key to start the ignition
One must hold the key in a certain place on the bike

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G935F met Tapatalk

The receiver for the passive key is on the inside of the fairing on the LHS - there a transmitter symbol there if you look carefully. (pity its not mentioned in the manual :blast

It isn't next to the dash on the LHS (as advised by the dealer) where there is also a transmitter symbol.

There is no wonder you cannot find your key if you cannot even find this in the manual :rolleyes:

Attachments

• WP_20180501_16_36_05_Pro.jpg
    WP_20180501_16_36_05_Pro.jpg
    239.3 KB · Views: 249
  • WP_20180501_16_31_30_Pro.jpg
    WP_20180501_16_31_30_Pro.jpg
    246.8 KB · Views: 238
I note, with interest it does not intimate which way one should be facing whilst astride said motorcycle. Rather tawdry !

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

On page 109 it does say"Hold the handlebar firmly with both hands and keep you feet on the footrests when riding" but I guess you could still do this whilst sat backwards on the bike - so a very poor show by KTM indeed :rob

P109 bloody hell you're keen. Got to the bit about drying the calipers after washing then rinsing them ?
On page 109 it does say"Hold the handlebar firmly with both hands and keep you feet on the footrests when riding" but I guess you could still do this whilst sat backwards on the bike - so a very poor show by KTM indeed :rob

great info!!

but not for the keyless ride bikes

the only get the flick key with battery and chip that works when one is close enough to the bike.

And the black key with chip but no battery
To use this key to start the ignition
One must hold the key in a certain place on the bike

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G935F met Tapatalk

Nice one, think we figured that out a few days ago...........:green gri

There used to be a device you attached to your keys, and if you whistled it whistled back.

This idea was brought to you by the colour orange !

There used to be a device you attached to your keys, and if you whistled it whistled back.

This idea was brought to you by the colour orange !

Post 81 is basically this, could be useful, lots of different ways of doing this..............

Whilst not in the same league as your bike Key I was daft enough to lose my expensive Bluetooth earpiece that i use while driving, anyway I lost it tonight

I'd already taken my bag apart in the boot of the car and been back into the POD twice It occured to me I maybe had caught it on stickers as I lifted the rubbish out of the van and there it was!

"Possiby" Worth wheeling the bike over VERY close to the bins perhaps????? :rob:rob:rob

Post 81 is basically this, could be useful, lots of different ways of doing this..............
I have tiles on several things. Because the bike was brand new I hadn't got around to putting the tile (which i already had:blast) on the key.

Whilst not in the same league as your bike Key I was daft enough to lose my expensive Bluetooth earpiece that i use while driving, anyway I lost it tonight

I'd already taken my bag apart in the boot of the car and been back into the POD twice It occured to me I maybe had caught it on stickers as I lifted the rubbish out of the van and there it was!

"Possiby" Worth wheeling the bike over VERY close to the bins perhaps????? :rob:rob:rob
Already done that. And wheeled it around the garden, drive etc. Tricky to get it into the house though.

Back
Top Bottom