Soundbomb Fuse

yofi

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Some months ago I fitted a denali soundbomb. The instructions show an inline 30 amp fuse, though this wasn't part of the wiring pack.

I don't have any plans to add any additional electric accessories such as additional lights, so buying a ezcan/cansmart seems over the top.

The alternatives would seem to be a fusebox control unit, such as the powerhub, or inline fuse holder. Haven't read up on the former too much but from the description it seem like it could only handle 30 amp at a time? If so, seems also a big over the top as a single purpose item?

I could use an inline 30 amp fuse holder, even though I confess I'm nervous about splicing the positive wire to the soundbomb, for fear of royally screwing up the wire and/or the canbus system.

The positive wire running to the battery is awg vw-1 wire (think its around 4.5mm diameter), whereas as the nearest inline fuse holder I can find online to, in terms of wire diameter, is awg 14, which is about 3.5mm.

All input over the alternatives greatly appreciated. Please go easy on me :)

It states in the one I looked at that it is can bus compatible but if it won’t work by connecting it to the cables to the original horn, I would use the original cables to the horn to power a relay coil, feed one side of the relay switch directly from the battery protected by a fuse specified and the other side of the relay switch to the sound bomb.

It states in the one I looked at that it is can bus compatible but if it won’t work by connecting it to the cables to the original horn, I would use the original cables to the horn to power a relay coil, feed one side of the relay switch directly from the battery protected by a fuse specified and the other side of the relay switch to the sound bomb.

Steve - possibly I'm even more ignorant than you appreciated, but are you saying that if connected up to the canbus, which it is, I don't need a fuse. If this is the case, I deserve row of jesters :)

I don't have a problem with fitting the soundbomb per se - that's very straightforward (and doesn't require stripping loads of parts off your bike!). I have a problem with knowing whether I indeed do need to fit a 30 amp fuse and, if so, the best way. In particular, if I use an inline fuse holder can I get away with awg 14 wire,

Are you running it from a relay if so yes it should have an inline fuse in the feed wire supplying the reay and power bomb.If you running from the bike harness the system safety circuit will provide the protection?

Thanks for your replies guys. Been in touch with twisted throttle (denali). It appears that the inline fuse is pre-connected as part of the wiring kit - I hadn't clocked this. Canbus panic over...

Back
Top Bottom