Stuck between a barrel and a hard case

Flyingdutchman

Reaction score
Hi Guys, bought a lovely set of BMW panniers of a member here for my 09 GSA and started the job of changing the barrels to suit my key.

Figured out which tumblers I required quickly and off I went. First three were a doddle...ah, this will be easy

When pushing no 4 in to it's home it seemed to slot in like the other ones but it won't turn with the key :nenau

It sits in the locked position and won't budge at all...

I need to get it out somehow which probably means finding the stopper and pushing this back but it's not visible to me :-(

Expert advice required, I'm sure this has happened before :)

In the absense of responses did you check youtube Im sure I saw one where one part required inserting differently.

I am sure that your local Motorrad dealer would be pleased to help FOC

Yep, all correct. You leave one space free and populate the rest, both sides. That's why the first 3 barrels in pannier one went in a treat. I just don't get why the 4th gave me problems. The final 2 went in fine as well.

It's just this one that won't budge now it's in and of course it's possible I made a mistake on that one...anyway it won't turn at all with the key and although I can see the end of the barrel I can't see the stopper that you normally depress to free the barrel and pull it out.

My nearest dealer is 2 and a half hours away but hey, any excuse for a trip if nothing else works...

All sorted now. Managed to make up a little tool that allowed me to depress the locking tumbler and got barrel out. Still don;t know what happened as checked barrel and all tumblers with correct numbers in right slots etc.

Anyway, happy camper me...

Back
Top Bottom