Swapping Nav cradle for tomtom question.

smudger64

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Thinking of binning my Nav V1 for a tomtom. Once I've got the bracket off (LC 2013 with satnav prep), I'm assuming the harness will just unplug, but is this a canbus connection i can then plug the tomtom straight into, or is there another spare one down there somewhere?
cheers for any info

Thinking of binning my Nav V1 for a tomtom. Once I've got the bracket off I'm assuming the harness will just unplug, but is this a canbus connection i can then plug the tomtom straight into, or is there another spare one down there somewhere?
cheers

Are you fitting this to an E-bike...........:green gri

Thinking of binning my Nav V1 for a tomtom.

First dibs before you put it in the bin, as it seems a bit of a waste to send it to landfill.
I like a challenge, and I'd even be prepared to give you a contribution towards the postage.

First dibs before you put it in the bin, as it seems a bit of a waste to send it to landfill.
I like a challenge, and I'd even be prepared to give you a contribution towards the postage.

That's really kind of you, but I really couldn't put you to all that trouble! I'm sure if I hit it really really hard I'll be able to break the little sod down into parts small enough to flush down the pan....

Hi could you put a photo to show were you plug the loom in please.

Thinking of binning my Nav V1 for a tomtom. Once I've got the bracket off (LC 2013 with satnav prep), I'm assuming the harness will just unplug, but is this a canbus connection i can then plug the tomtom straight into, or is there another spare one down there somewhere?
cheers for any info

Once you have got the original Nav VI bracket off, where/how were you thinking of mounting your TomTom?

Hi could you put a photo to show were you plug the loom in please.

Don’t have a photo to hand but it’s in the left side of the fairing. If you follow the lead from the Satnav you’ll come to it. The lead does branch off with two plugs though. One doesn’t go anywhere, I assume that’s for use on a bike without the wheel, the other is plugged into the loom. If you give it a gentle tug it will pop into view

Once you have got the original Nav VI bracket off, where/how were you thinking of mounting your TomTom?

I used one of these to mount it in the same place.
f2969d8d018cc9a0fb7cc8fd1321a677.jpg

Came from e-bay
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/173083934713

Back
Top Bottom