Pump

Reggie353

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Will I be able to run this through the socket on the dash of my 2017 Rallye.
709684a5922576a7933723b5dd0ca1e6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To be absolutly certain why not try it!

Pump your rear tyre up to full pressure as the load will increase slightly on the motor as the tyre gets up towards max pressure which is when your pump/canbus may give up the ghost if it's a bit maginal. :thumb2

No point in waiting until you are parked at the roadside with a flat tyre to find that it doesn't work.

Best to have it direct on the battery. I wired in a socket with an inline fuse for such things and for the sake of a few quid, worth doing.

To be absolutly certain why not try it!

Pump your rear tyre up to full pressure as the load will increase slightly on the motor as the tyre gets up towards max pressure which is when your pump/canbus may give up the ghost if it's a bit maginal. :thumb2

No point in waiting until you are parked at the roadside with a flat tyre to find that it doesn't work.

I have that pump and I was at the roadside on Sunday... and the pump worked for all of about one second! :blast

I think the canbus is 5amp rated but someone will confirm. I connected an old style charger lead directly to the battery and fitted the male to the pump. These are cheap as chips and can be solder free clip in style.
Connecting to the battery is a doddle as the negative goes straight on the accessible battery connection and the live on the remote connection behind the side panel.
I have the airman too and a great bit of kit.

The airman pump works great but it won’t run off the dash socket, first thing I tried when I got mine

I tried too on Saturday, same result. I've ended up cutting the connector off leaving a short length of cable attached to it with bullet connectors and adding crocodile clips to the pump cable. Again with bullet connectors so I can swap back should I wish.

The airman pump works great but it won’t run off the dash socket, first thing I tried when I got mine

Did you run the engine whilst trying it ? I have the Airman (great pump I also have an Optimate lead from the battery and an adaptor I plug the Airman in to so I am going straight to the battery but I have wondered as the plug on the Airman is adjustable to fit in the Bmw socket .

Did you run the engine whilst trying it ? I have the Airman (great pump I also have an Optimate lead from the battery and an adaptor I plug the Airman in to so I am going straight to the battery but I have wondered as the plug on the Airman is adjustable to fit in the Bmw socket .

Yes I did, the canbus is not even close to providing enough juice for the airman, it doesn’t even try

I use a Fuzeblock to power a DIN socket under the seat - unfortunately, needed to use it too often.

Bloody punctures...

All sorted. Oxford 12v waterproof socket. And the pump works 100%. Thanks for your help.
7d1c837baeb95ce85117af26a51904c1.jpg
2a4a7d4ca2b632dfe5726f1ba9d31abe.jpg
58d3aa59944b9324a261eaedd82da302.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom