K1600 GT cans

BigE

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi all first K1600 for me and I am looking for some aftermarket cans.

Ideas or if any has any to sell???

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Akra, the originals on the current model is a design anomaly.

Noise, who wouldn’t want to release a few more Db’s of that 6 cylinder lump.

Also those standard things are awful

Think you’ll be disappointed with akrapovics. When I’ve heard them there’s not been much difference.

Like I said Akras are silly money. I am liking the Remus

If noise is your goal, then you can drill the closed exit holes in the top and bottom exhaust exit, I like that standard cans on a K16, I did have Remus on mine for a while, but switched back as even with ear plugs, the drone was terrible at motorway speeds.

On the K1600 Forum, not only can you find a useful thread on stashing your handgun on the bike, but also on drilling the standard cans and before and after videos.

The reason why I bought the 1600 when it first came out and still have one today, was precisely because it didn’t need anything doing to it to heighten my ownership ‘experience’.

The reason why I bought the 1600 when it first came out and still have one today, was precisely because it didn’t need anything doing to it to heighten my ownership ‘experience’.

Spot on bikermate the only thing I really did to mine was fit a calsci screen as I got a little helmet buffeting that I could adjust out of the standard screen.

They are nigh on perfect out of the box, no Hilltop required, no loud(er) cans required, no sargeant seats required, BMW nailed it out of the box.

Now you can get one with a reverse gear, it’s the perfect mile munching continental cruiser, and for someone like me who has to reverse it down a slope betwixt two automobiles to get it into the garage, the reverse gear would be useful.

I’m sorry I sold mine and am contemplating a move back from the GSA.

I get everyone’s point, but I always like to personalise. Each to there own. It’ll probably get a full system decat and hilltopped.

The reverse is great

My 2017 bike, Euro whatever that is, is all but silent as it whisks me along the D roads of France. Excellent. There’s a lot to be said for the stealth approach when it comes to testing French traffic laws.

I put Akros on mine. I think they look a lot nicer looking and probably save a few kg. They only sound different at higher revs where the scream becomes more bass-y and they crackle and pop in sport mode..I got a deal from Barnstormer, around 1500 quid fitted...which is expensive but should get a good amount of cash secondhand when I eventually sell the bike, I didn’t like the look of the big chromey oem ones...but beauty is in the eye of the beholder

Back
Top Bottom