Evotech bar end weights

Carlosfandango

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Anyone know if the Evotech bar end weights fit a 2017 model R1200GS LC

I emailed Evotech and they replied 'I dunno..'. They only list up to 2016 models

https://evotech-performance.com/collections/bmw-r-1200-gs-motorcycle-parts/YEAR_2016

I cannot see why not, part numbers seem to be the same for OEM weights

Secondly - do they work? I'm getting a few vibes through the bars on long trips and suffering from numb fingers after a while

Thanks

Carlos

I emailed Evotech and they replied 'I dunno..'. They only list up to 2016 models

https://evotech-performance.com/collections/bmw-r-1200-gs-motorcycle-parts/YEAR_2016

Secondly - do they work? I'm getting a few vibes through the bars on long trips and suffering from numb fingers after a while

Thanks

Carlos

I have the vibes also at certain times, I found that different gloves make more of a difference than weights, try some other gloves first, bet you have a few pairs floating around, or some grip puppies if you do not use your heated grips so much.

Thanks

Carlos

No response??

I was just wondering why the OP made a thread then never responded after advice was given.

Maybe he was waiting on delivery, I have some arriving this week-end, purely because they will act as protection for the handguards also, will let you know next how they go, if I can get out Sunday, party Saturday night so might not be in good shape...........:beerjug:

what is the problem with Evotech.

I emailed Evotech this week with a a similar question .As you said they only list products up to 2016 models,I got the I dunno response as well,when enquiring about a 2018 model.

I emailed Evotech this week with a a similar question .As you said they only list products up to 2016 models,I got the I dunno response as well,when enquiring about a 2018 model.

I have them on my 2017 Rallye GS I can confirm they fit fine and for me, they help :thumby:

OK, they came on Saturday, fitted no problem to my 2017 model. Been out for a reasonable ride today - weather a bit shite so only did about 70 miles. They do seem to make a difference, less vibes through the bars, especially around 5,000 revs. However at the end of the run I am still getting a numb left hand. Perhaps I need to change the bars, I am used to sports bikes with a different angle to my wrists. Or I need to grip less tightly! however there are bloody potholes everywhere, state of the roads is truly shocking.
Conclusion? Happy with the results, but still work in progress (I do have grip puppies fitted as well).

OK, they came on Saturday, fitted no problem to my 2017 model. Been out for a reasonable ride today - weather a bit shite so only did about 70 miles. They do seem to make a difference, less vibes through the bars, especially around 5,000 revs. However at the end of the run I am still getting a numb left hand. Perhaps I need to change the bars, I am used to sports bikes with a different angle to my wrists. Or I need to grip less tightly! however there are bloody potholes everywhere, state of the roads is truly shocking.
Conclusion? Happy with the results, but still work in progress (I do have grip puppies fitted as well).

Weird mate left hand, my tingles are in the right hand throttle side, nothing at all on the left, mine still in transit hopefully tomorrow.

Finally arrived and installed, not because of Evotech, but the damn bank holidays, will go for a spin tomorrow and see what they give, bike is a 2017 GS, so they fit fine, the weight difference is massive.

OK lets get to the bottom of this, I went out for a good hour ride at all speeds with new bar end weights, and new gloves, still had the right hand going to sleep and tingling, went home got a pair of thin gloves really old and about a size bigger than I normally wear, went back out to ride, no tingling no hand going to sleep, just pure pleasure, so put the original OEM bar end weights back on to try with the old baggy thin gloves, no problems at all, put the new gloves on, that where a little tight, hand sleeping and tingling again, so I have some nice bar end weights that will basically just be to protect my handguard, it aint about the weight its about the gloves, go try it with some baggy gloves, you will see the difference it makes, hence why I am selling my gloves in the for sale section to buy a bigger pair of 2in1,s

http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showth...-gloves-and-Halvarssons-supeme-gloves-BARGAIN

Back
Top Bottom