Storm advice please

Davel

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Looking for a second bike, preferably a cruiser, for the fine weather commute or the odd day out.

I've a GSA for the other stuff.

Now I've had a Night Storm before and loved it - but found the clutch rather heavy after riding in heavy traffic for a while, so much so that my lower arm ached for a while afterwards.

So, is it possible to lighten the clutch on these as I think I've found another Storm. The dealer says not.

My second choice is a Yamaha XVS1300

So any advice please or even suggestions of another cruiser - preferably 1200 or more cc?

Try the new Speedmaster if you need a pillion seat or a Bobber if you don't?

I recently bought a 2017 Bobber and it has quite possibly the lightest clutch this side of a KTM EXC

The clutch is cable operated so how they got it that light is beyond me :confused:

The 1200 motor is a peach :thumb2

Had a look at one at the weekend.

Looked really nice - Ta !

Thanks for that - it may be an option then.

Oh and |I looked at the new Speedmaster and to spec it up makes it too dear really for a second bike.

Cheers

Thanks for that - it may be an option then.

Oh and |I looked at the new Speedmaster and to spec it up makes it too dear really for a second bike.

Cheers

Look for a second hand bobber, there should be low mileage examples about bought by fashion victims who changed their minds

I have a Bonneville which is essentially the same motor and as the others have said it’s a great motor with an ultra light clutch

Look for a second hand bobber, there should be low mileage examples about bought by fashion victims who changed their minds

I have a Bonneville which is essentially the same motor and as the others have said it’s a great motor with an ultra light clutch

e-bay is full of them :cool:

Cheers

Do you actually need to carry a pillion?

Isn't a second bike a 'me only' machine?

The new Speedmaster is £1000 more than a new Bobber and a used Bobber (with farkles) is around £1800 cheaper than a new one

Buy a pre loved, farkled up Bobber and you won't regret it :clap

I prefer the straight leg forward controls type and think the bobber isn't, which is why I was thinking Storm

I had planned to use the 2nd bike to ferry my kids as a pillion from time to time on shorter journeys instead of the GSA.

Will have another look at the bobber.

I prefer the straight leg forward controls type and think the bobber isn't, which is why I was thinking Storm

It definitely isn't

The Speedmaster is the one with forward controls. Having said that. They had a new (sold) Speedmaster in Performance Triumph Swindon that they had fitted Bobber foot controls to, so I have no doubt, that they had the Speedmaster controls, sat in a box, in the Sales Department's room of doom

Oh well.

Storm bought - collect Friday.

Cheers all!

She's here !

Collected her Friday and 200 mile rideout on Sunday.

Woohoo...

Back
Top Bottom