Mystery spring found.

Status
Not open for further replies.

scooter paul

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I found this spring on my driveway. The only bikes I’ve had parked there recently have been a ‘81 G/S and an ‘84 ST. The driveway gets swept frequently so this is unlikely to be from something else. Any ideas?

Attachments

• 3DCE404C-2D1D-4D0F-9674-B20A57BA0621.jpg
    3DCE404C-2D1D-4D0F-9674-B20A57BA0621.jpg
    240.4 KB · Views: 344
Thanks for the replies but none would seem to be right. I do know my way round Airheads having owned and repaired many and this has me stumped.
To help with those viewing the pic on a phone it’s 25mm long, 10mm diameter, has never had hooked ends. You could not compress it between finger and thumb, it’s quite strong. It’s clean and oil free.

Neighbours double oscillating sprocket bar attachment

You’ve made an assumption that I have neighbours and ironically you may be on to something. They are having their roof repaired and it’s possible something has come from the guys working on the scaffolding!

You’ve made an assumption that I have neighbours and ironically you may be on to something. They are having their roof repaired and it’s possible something has come from the guys working on the scaffolding!

Could well be a tension coil spring from them..............

This is a ‘ping-fuckit’, which is the noise made when one escapes. When travelling through the air, they generate a micro wormhole and can travel impossible distances. So this could have come from literally anywhere.

From the clutch bypass switch at the clutch handlebar lever ? .

No, forget that, only the early airheads bikes have the disintegrating block switch.. :D

Maybe it has no purpose, hence ....
it's just a tension seeking. :augie

~~~
:duck:

Clutch arm spring on back of gearbox, or a real fuck off Biro.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom