Thinking about a stelvio.

uncle buck

Reaction score
Got a guzzi scratch and have spotted a stelvio 09 model 4v. Dealer says chocolate cam recall has been done. Looks well looked after with 41k on the clock. Anything else I should be wary of. High barn motorcycles is the dealer.

Got a guzzi scratch and have spotted a stelvio 09 model 4v. Dealer says chocolate cam recall has been done. Looks well looked after with 41k on the clock. Anything else I should be wary of. High barn motorcycles is the dealer.

Join Web forum
www.guzziriders.org
All the information you provide to make a decision is there:thumb

Make sure it has been Rollerised. There was a recall for the flat tappets but even these will fail. A lot of poeple (dealers) tell you the tappets are sorted when they arnt

I can recommend the Stelvio, had two of them great bikes (2009/2011 models). Both of mine proved to be very reliable over five years of ownership. The finish on them was very good. Quick enough, lovely engine and box, sound ace, easy to maintain and comfy to boot.

Only negatives for me were that I found the clutch too heavy around town (i've an injured left wrist and fingers with limited grip) Also I think they were a little top heavy compared to a GS, I've got 30inch inside leg so a bit of a stretch at times. Overall though a lovely bike. :thumb

Thanks for the info. Am I correct in thinking that even after upgrade they still fail prematurely.?

A Stelvio was one of the radar bikes when looking for a GS

At the time i couldnt find one in the right price range

Known to be top heavy, big V in a high fame

Saw one on the road the other day Feck me are those bars wide!!!

If you think GS bars are wide, the Stelvios are at least half again!!

Good luck with the hunt

This is the bike that I renovated last year. Definitely been rollerised. Lots and lots of other work. Hyperpro rear shock. Front forks completely rebuilt. Calipers fully rebuilt, Swing arm bearings replaced all other bearing checked and greased. Oil pressure sensor switch replaced. Lots of bits repainted and lots of bolts replaced.

Sold it to a member on here, not sure why but it's done very few miles since.

Back
Top Bottom