First Service. A tale of tyres, software and sleep

DjApplin

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Had a nice ride to CW yesterday for the GSA first service. The TFT and SOS has been somewhat troublesome so I was expecting a software update and I had already decided to change the tyres as the Anekee 3 things were noisy and felt like I was falling off a cliff going into turns.

Service was as always great at CW, good coffe and nice people to talk to. The software will take a hour they said. 5 yes 5 hours later after to much coffee and a nap in the waiting area the software update finished. Hasn’t made a difference the connectivity is still a issue.

I changed to Scorpion trail 2 tyres. Riding back home in the rain was more fun and confidence inspiring than the run down in the dry. Very happy with them initially and looking forward to seeing how long the last.

Had a nice ride to CW yesterday for the GSA first service. The TFT and SOS has been somewhat troublesome so I was expecting a software update and I had already decided to change the tyres as the Anekee 3 things were noisy and felt like I was falling off a cliff going into turns.

Service was as always great at CW, good coffe and nice people to talk to. The software will take a hour they said. 5 yes 5 hours later after to much coffee and a nap in the waiting area the software update finished. Hasn’t made a difference the connectivity is still a issue.

I changed to Scorpion trail 2 tyres. Riding back home in the rain was more fun and confidence inspiring than the run down in the dry. Very happy with them initially and looking forward to seeing how long the last.
For vw, vehicle connects to laptop, dealership network, vw uk, then germany, takes forever for system updates.

Guess bmw must be same, or the dealer is on a dial up server.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

The way I understood things work, the bike is connected to the diagnose computer at the dealer. The computer connects to BMW in Germany. The bike is read/diagnosed and data is sent to BMW; based on that data an update package is created for that specific bike. Update is sent to the diagnose computer at the dealer, where the update is applied to the bike.

Best arrange a loaner bike at your dealer and come back later on that day...

Problem comes with software updates when it doesn't 'take ' first time and the update has to be reloaded on two or three occasions

As an early adopter of ktm’s 1190 ADV , the first software update took nearly 3 weeks.....
They did give me an RC 8 for that time though , so it wasn’t all bad

Does the update effect the hilltop map?

The whole bike software was reinstalled not just the TFT. I can confirm that any other programmes that may or may not have been installed :censor: were not over written or affected in any way.

Back
Top Bottom