Things you wish you'd bought years ago!

Proper lifting bike bench.

Should have bought one years ago. Still haven't. Unlikely to be able to foreseeably. Reminded of the fact every time I spend time scrabbling about in the dirt fixing the bikes.

:blast

Fluff.

A little cheap yacht (really cheap) of my own after teaching a friend who saved my wife’s life ( a surgeon) navigation for his yacht. He’s not into bikes though.

An SDS+ drill. There's no comparison to a standard hammer-action drill. For anyone that does any DIY home improvement, I can't recommend one enough.

Earplugs.

Loss of all the upper range, partially corrected by hearing aids, and relentless tinnitus now.

Kirkland Signature microfibre cloths - simply brilliant! (and cheap)

Portable air compressor (low Decibel model)

a pipe detector

shortly after having a kitchen extention done i drilled into the wall and promptly flooded the kitchen:blast

An EazyRizer Blue bike lift. Even makes it easier to clean the wheels.
Bp0i337.jpg

I've got one-a-them! Well the red standard version. It's not even slightly precarious but can be hassle to get the bike onto the footrest support brackets. It also needs a full power mains power drill. The (otherwise excellent) 18V DeWalt can't quite cope. I much prefer it to a bike table as the table itself does not get in the way.

All it needs if lockable heavy duty castors (to push the raised bike into an awkward corner) and it would be a great anti theft system.

Proper lifting bike bench.

Should have bought one years ago. Still haven't. Unlikely to be able to foreseeably. Reminded of the fact every time I spend time scrabbling about in the dirt fixing the bikes.

:blast

Fluff.

Get an Easy Riser. Less space hungry and does a better job than a lifting table.

Tyre pressure monitors.

Much better than the twitch through the seat when the tyre is almost flat.

Back
Top Bottom