BMW CONNECTED APP ISSUE

db2559

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
i wonder if anyone else has had the same problem and if so how they fixed it.

i have the new TFT screen on my 2018 gs and the BMW Connected App my my iPhone 6. I have connects my phone and TFT via bluetooth as stated and are paired fine.

Thew issue i have is that the App is not showing I'm connected therefore not letting me use it and any of the functions.
I clearly am though according to the bike and my phone.

Any ideas please

As a Technophobe, I had similar issues.

When I picked up my new bike, I got the guy the dealership to help and he sorted it.

Works great now.

Got the update done a week or so back with the 600 mile service.

Bike has the latest software from what I'm aware of and only picked it up last week. Might have to be a trip back to the dealers to look at and hopefully sort

Bike has the latest software from what I'm aware of and only picked it up last week. Might have to be a trip back to the dealers to look at and hopefully sort

Seems BMW has found a lot of testers out there.........poor performance on their behalf :rob suppose they are just getting ready for the new Ipad style removal clusters

You could try the following:

- Open the Connected app on the iPhone, tap on My Motorcycles and throw away the saved vehicle.
- close the app (swipe upward after you've double tapped the home button)

Go to your bike
- Turn on the ignition of the bike (no need to start the engine)
- Let the iPhone connect to the TFT screen
- Open the Connected app, go to My Motorcycles and let it find your bike.

Usually it should be OK now.

When I paired my iPhone up to the TFT the app didn’t work. Tried deleting pairings etc and it didn’t work. I deleted the app and reinstalled, this time I allowed the app to access my location as “always” (which I never do) and repaired everything.
It works now but I need to open the app before turning on the bike and leave it on always having location access. If I switch the app location permissions to only when using the app it won’t connect with the bike. Maybe it’s my phone or a bug in the app.

Back
Top Bottom