TFT Display Software Version

Anyone know what the most up to date version number is?

Mine is 001_011_081

This doesn't look like the TFT software version but the bike's ECU version. As stated before, latest known TFT KOMBI software version seems to be : 001_015_090 (most people got the earlier 001_015_060 version).

I think that on most cases, the update process updates everything and thus, ECU update was being done at the same time as the TFT one, like in mine where, after the TFT update, I was experiencing improvements in GSAP and the fuel range calculcation area.

No idea how to know bike version without a GS911 at hand... How did you determine your software version anyways ? TFT Kombi version is displayed right on the parameters tab of the KOMBI.

P.S. R1200 GS Rallye, Range went from always 261 Km before update to between 340 and 360 km after.

This doesn't look like the TFT software version but the bike's ECU version. As stated before, latest known TFT KOMBI software version seems to be : 001_015_090 (most people got the earlier 001_015_060 version).

I think that on most cases, the update process updates everything and thus, ECU update was being done at the same time as the TFT one, like in mine where, after the TFT update, I was experiencing improvements in GSAP and the fuel range calculcation area.

No idea how to know bike version without a GS911 at hand... How did you determine your software version anyways ? TFT Kombi version is displayed right on the parameters tab of the KOMBI.

P.S. R1200 GS Rallye, Range went from always 261 Km before update to between 340 and 360 km after.

It is the version number that comes up on the TFT display from the settings menu.??????

It is the version number that comes up on the TFT display from the settings menu.??????

Sorry, massive brain fart happened... I got my wires crossed for a moment there.

Yes, I was referring about TFT software version that is displayed from the settings menu, and after looking it up, mine was also displaying 001_011_081 before the update done end of March. I somehow was falsely remembering it looking like 001_015_XXX.

So, on my Rally, with 001_011_081, fuel range was wrong, and now, with 001_015_060, it's much more reliable and useful.

Updated 2 days ago 001.015.090 which is the version that was released on 28th March.

Tjcs0N6.jpg

Directly after refueling, 603 km = 375 miles

Sorry, massive brain fart happened... I got my wires crossed for a moment there.

Yes, I was referring about TFT software version that is displayed from the settings menu, and after looking it up, mine was also displaying 001_011_081 before the update done end of March. I somehow was falsely remembering it looking like 001_015_XXX.

So, on my Rally, with 001_011_081, fuel range was wrong, and now, with 001_015_060, it's much more reliable and useful.

Hurrah! I’ll persuade my dealer to upgrade me :)

I'm on the 261 range software, how long did it take to perform the update, did you book it in or just pop in for a quick fix?

glad i didn't opt for the TFT, lots of issues at present ....will get one on my next bike though ,they look ace

Maybe a good Hilltopping would sort it all out ?

I'm on the 261 range software, how long did it take to perform the update, did you book it in or just pop in for a quick fix?

It took the better part of 3 hours according to the staff, which is sadly normal for this update(TFT unit), and it can even be longer as it sometimes fail and needs to be restarted (happened to my bike). Had to book and appt. as this is obviously not a pop in quick fix kind of deal.

I'm not sure the fuel range bug is fixed with this update, or if another update was pushed to the ECU at the same time tho... BMW are not exactly straightforward when it comes to what they update and for what reason.... In any case they should be able to hook your bike to their computer and determine what needs to be updated on yours.

Back
Top Bottom