Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spanish Paradors

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe

Parador

I try to stay at a Parador for a few nights on every trip, as a reward for the Gf for putting up with long hard days of clinging on to the bike.
    They often do 3 nights for the price of 2.
    My latest booking (Benavente) for 3 nights works out at €37 each per night, including breakfast. Hardly expensive.

I can thoroughly recommend staying at a Parador, each time we tour Spain/Portugal we treat ourselves to at least one nights stay on the outward journey, and another on the return journey. We try to stay at a different one each time.
    We've found, so far, that at least one of the reception staff has spoken English. As previously stated, you can easily book online through their website (join their Amigos scheme) or through booking.com, you get secure parking, great locations/buildings, fabulous rooms, occasional free upgrades (we were upgraded from a room to a suite at Cuenca, at no extra cost, fantastic) oh, and the breakfasts are unbelievable !

Enjoy !!

Chris

Stayed in the one in Lerma which is about 20 kms from Burgos, it was our wedding anniversary on the way up to Germany, so treated ourselves, was in the Van, absolutely brill it was, and the food was awesome, paid about 120 euro for a night but well worth it, mega brownie points.

https://www.booking.com/hotel/es/par...s=1&#hotelTmpl

Well that’s it then, I’m convinced by all the excellent posts in response to my question. Late summer looks a good time to go avoiding the hottest weather. Many thanks all.

Quote Originally Posted by brianmaslen View Post
    Well that’s it then, I’m convinced by all the excellent posts in response to my question. Late summer looks a good time to go avoiding the hottest weather. Many thanks all.
    Wise choice, they are great hotels.

Of to the one in Cádiz on Sunday
    Sell my bike?
    I would rather stick wasps up my arse !

New Member (less than 15 Posts)
    Not all of them, but mostly are beautiful , nice all buildings( castles, palaces...) In our Experiences (Spainmotoexperiences.com) we usually go to Cuenca and our clients love the place...
    Very good option to book...

Quote Originally Posted by bruno.landy View Post
    Not all of them, but mostly are beautiful , nice all buildings( castles, palaces...) In our Experiences (Spainmotoexperiences.com) we usually go to Cuenca and our clients love the place...
    Very good option to book...
    I would agree with what you say, I have stayed at the Cuenca Parador, we had a room overlooking the gorge (for want of a better term), it was terrific, loved the place.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12