Fault code help & advice.

keymandave

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I decided to plug the GS911 into my 2005 R1200GS today.

I had the following fault codes and details.

10167 Output stage to electric fuel pump faulty ( Most likely Fuel pump electronics / driver )
The fault is not present now

10111 Side stand switch
The fault is not present now

41743 Problem with onboard power outlet, short circuit.
The fault is not present now.

The bike is absolutely fine and I wouldn't of know about these if I didn't have the GS911.

Is there anything in particular I should be checking.

Thanks in advance

Clear them, ride it and if they don’t come back then hey, it’s just been one of those things. If they come back then it’s a case of trying to understand how the circuitry works and where a fault on that circuit is most likely to be manifest.

Also your original post reads like you have only done an autoscan. On the GS911 menu go into each controller’s menu and read the fault codes that way. You get more detail of when the fault occurred and how many times.

Thanks Austin,
Yes this was my plan. Its just im going to Scotland in a few weeks and didn't want any surprises.

You are also correct. I did perform an autoscan. I wasn't aware that I could get more info by accessing each menu. I shall try that next time. Thank you very much for your help.

Have you done any work on the bike at any point and had any of these items disconnected then turned on the ignition, if so the fault codes would have been logged.

How long have you had the bike ? When were the fault codes last cleared , they could be faults that were repaired a long time ago and codes were never cleared .... Now that you've cleared them all anything that appears from now onwards will be your problems :D

Thanks for the replies.

I'm going to continue to ride it and maybe plug the GS911 in monthly to keep a check.

I last plugged the GS911 in last year about August ( ish ) , the faults weren't there then but I've had no probems either or taken anything apart that would cause them.

I'll keep my eye on it.

If you don’t experience any issues, check your error codes at service time.
Otherwise it’s just looking for things to worry about.

Back
Top Bottom