Khyam Biker Plus

essjay

Reaction score
I've looked through the forums and I can only see one mention of the Plus version of the Khyam Biker but there must be a few more on here with it?

For those that do have the tent, what are your opinions? Can you stand up in the sleeping area? Is it quick to put up and take down? How does it handle wind?

From the Khyam site it's around £300 but with a 10% discount code available (have10). I like the idea of having space but is it too big for a single person?

Not a Plus "But" I have a Kyham Biker and its very good

Quick to put up

Plenty of guy lines (and pegs)

I got the "Footprint" for it at the same time and that makes the whole "porch" area usable on wet grass etc

A great tent for the colder weekends due to the use of tent material for the inner (albeit a darker colour)

and many options for cooking or mooching with the poles to hold up the side door as a lean to,

Front entrance Side Entrance and combination of Vented or Closed for the inner doors

I have thought of selling mine many times and have thought its too handy If I do go for a run away somewhere

I think they are about 6 kg but not overly heavy for the benefits of its ease of erection!

Hi eesjay,
I purchased a biker plus last year after having a couple of bikers. It's the same footprint as the biker but 50cm taller. I'm 5'10" and can stand in the sleeping area with my head bowed and can stand straight up in the porch area. It is only slightly heavier than the biker and is slightly more difficult to erect and take down but still very easy.
I had no problems with wind in Scotland last year but it does come with more guy ropes than the biker. Is it to big for one person ?

No doubt it is a pretty big tent for one person but personally I prefer a bit of room. Were the biker plus really comes into it's own is when it's raining. You can erect the tent put everything in the porch then take your wet gear off in the porch, there no struggling laid on your back trying to get stuff off. It's also great for cooking in the porch when the weather is crap.

I really really like mine and it's only a slightly bigger pack size than the biker., but appears to give you twice as much room.

9.5 kg plus the footprint seems a bit heavy for one (check the khyam site).
Tom

I’m pretty much sold on the idea of the biker plus. I know
The pack is fairly big but apart from that it looks ideal

9.5 kg plus the footprint seems a bit heavy for one (check the khyam site).
Tom

See your point, but weight is relative. I take my wife pillion, I've got 10st on the back of the bike. I go camping for six days including all my food, I've got 7st on the back.

Back
Top Bottom