Solo To Morocco - 99% Road

Deleted account 210901001

Reaction score
Hi just got back from trip so will post report as if live.

Ill jump from here to tapatalk as I can't get photos working on here...........

DAY 1

So Day 1 was collecting bike from where Id stored it at work and getting my ass to Portsmouth for the Santander ferry.

First part of day parked on M4........

Second bumbling through wiltshire in drizzle.

it can only get drier eh.........

f2dd92dc9d6241c8ef0f66e485edd465.jpg
547101f77bbfe3338b59385c01fa5ce5.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Ferry was as per programme.

A bit of an admin reorg required.

Im too tight to pay for a bunk so doss bag and mat in lounge always works for me. Bagsy the charging point.

Mix of bikes on ferry. Some proper admirable guys on what might be considered lesser bikes by some, but heading to Picos and east coast on a mega small budget. Good lads and hope you had a good trip.

Plan tomorrow is to do about 150 miles in evening to hunker down for the night in prep for long day in Spain next day. (Aided by new Air Hawk from here)

Looking forward to the better weather............

Top Tip of the day. Don't skimp on sleeping mat, mine was cheap and thus crap.

We know that sleeping bad is very comfy. Wake up now. :D Enough sleep for about an hour. We need the rest of the reports. :thumb

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Day 2

So after a nice cruise and lovely weather en route, the Spanish coast comes into view. And rather menacing it looks too............

Still 150 miles will be a piece of piss.

Get on road, scrub in new K60........easy peasy japaneezy.

Quick romantic stroll round the boat then back in to play bingo. Rock n roll this trip.

My mate who Im staying with tomorrow kindly shows me a picture from the Spaniso Traffico Camero. Reminds me of the peaks on 250. looking forward to better weather.........

Regardless i blast off and it rains constantly from 1800 to 2115 when i arrive at my hovel and get my head down.

Looking forward to the weather getting better.........long day tomorrow.

Be alright in Spain......
1db0adf552f79116d0776b9561dadabd.jpg

Top Tip of the day. Have a drink and a chat on boat. Bingo is crap.

What a mingebag....not paying for a cabin berth.:D

Oh,you need to change the "A" in your avatar to an "An". :augie

Keep it coming. :thumb

My middle name is "tight ass" hence the economy ferry accommodation. Plus using one less letter on avatar saves me valuable ink if I ever print it out. 🤣🤣

save a bit more and dont write a blog then ,time is money !!

Day 3.

Essentially a positioning day down to near Malaga to stay at a friends place.

Hes a retired cop living the good life.

Breakfast was ok and on going outside I was met by a brit clearing ice off his van...........best I go back in for an hour to await a positive temperature, at least its not raining.

On receiving the news it was now above zero deg I venture outside again.......in to the rain.

Ive planned a nice route on N roads and being a stubborn git stick to it.

Through 9 hours of solid rain, varying from misty drizzle to full on honking rain. The sort that gets you really wet.

At one point I get into a groove and go 275 miles between stops.

Pee, Poo, Coffee, Croissant, Crack On

A good day for throttle control training and ducks.

Arrive at Daves at around 1900 after an 0800 start. Knackered, wet, cold, and Hank Marvin.

30 mins in shower, a great meal, catch up and into bed.

Looking forward to better weather tomorrow........

9933685743a1af31e4ea85f968152e6b.jpg
d255e85f46e5bb9a78d533a0e73a1894.jpg

Top Tip of the day. Buy good kit. 580 miles in rain will expose any deficiencies.

Im in Lidl Boots and a Lidl Adventure Suit from their "Pauper Adventurer" range and thus am as wet as........ (insert your own joke here)

More please..

I do like a Good ride report. :thumb

Back
Top Bottom