Yamaha FZS1000

Doofus

Reaction score
Hi

I have owned the above for a dozen years, but I now rarely use it, and I want the space it is taking up in the garage for something else (not a bike - the reason I don’t use it is because I already have enough others!). Price is £20. Just wondering if there”s likely to be enough interest for me to take some photos and work out if I have priced it sensibly.

Basic facts:

2004 Metallic grey (I believe official colour is Bluish Silver 4)
18k Miles
Last service was by me around 3k ago, 12k service by dealer, but 12k was a good few years ago.
Good alround condition
Largely as stock except:
1) It has been Ivansised - i.e. carbs re-jetted - a common FZS mod
2) It has a Datatool alarm.

Let me know if you want to explore further.

Cheers Darren

Darren, if you put this in the 'For sale' section, you need to put a price ...This has been mentioned to you already...

It's simple, put an advert up, with pictures would be useful, if someone wants to buy it they will...if you don't want to put a price try eBay :thumb

Darren, if you put this in the 'For sale' section, you need to put a price ...This has been mentioned to you already...

It's simple, put an advert up, with pictures would be useful, if someone wants to buy it they will...if you don't want to put a price try eBay :thumb

Thanks - it’s not been mentioned to me, but I guessed that was someone’s problem so I added a price. Cheers.

66b2b4095530f2a0a8de4238cfe26bf9.jpg

Great bike, I had one for just over 3 years and did all my first European tours on it before moving to my 1st GS.

Good luck with the sale

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I presume you’ve made a mistake at £20. If not I’ll take it. JJH

No mistake on my part, someone had the hump I was looking to sound out interest before putting up a full ad, and so they edited the price. The thing is I am not really that bothered about selling it, but thought if someone says it’s just what they are looking for I could be persuaded to get together some photos and research the price.

I would say it’s worth between £2.5-3k if it’s a good example?? That’s after a quick look on eBay

I would say it’s worth between £2.5-3k if it’s a good example?? That’s after a quick look on eBay

Cheers Dave. Do you regret selling yours? I am worried I would miss it, which is why I have held on to it. While I don’t really use it for most the year, on a sunny summers day it’s the one I pick.

I had one in2003/04. Most underated bike ever. One of those I wish I never sold. Alas funds don’t allow me to buy bikes at the moment. My gsa will have to sit in the garage all by its self. I’d suggest you put a serious add in if you want to sell it. It’s peak selling time of year. Good luck with it anyway. JJH

I bought and sold one recently.

Always wanted one. Found it lacking in torque to be honest for a litre bike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheers Dave. Do you regret selling yours? I am worried I would miss it, which is why I have held on to it. While I don’t really use it for most the year, on a sunny summers day it’s the one I pick.

When I sold it I needed the money towards the GS as it was a big jump. looking back and considering what Vines gave me for it I should have kept it

I have had 2 or even 3 bikes at a time since but am now back to 1 and I find the LC GS does just about everything I want (for now)

I also regret selling my CB1300 and my FS1E

No mistake on my part, someone had the hump I was looking to sound out interest.

I don't think anyone has the HUMP if you take 2 mins to read the T&C on posting you will see it clearly states your ad needs a price and by pricing it @ £20 is taking the piss.

stick it eBay for £20 to SOUND OUT INTEREST.

I don't think anyone has the HUMP if you take 2 mins to read the T&C on posting you will see it clearly states your ad needs a price and by pricing it @ £20 is taking the piss.

stick it eBay for £20 to SOUND OUT INTEREST.

I didn’t price it at £20. As I said, someone edited my post to that price - presumably a moderator. I took the piss in a different direction. Nonetheless, not sure it’s the done thing to edit someone’s selling price, but hey ho.

I am not ready to put up an ad to sell this and I was not offering it for sale. I was exploring interest and this seemed the most appropriate forum to do that. In one of my earlier posts I flagged that it might be better in a different part of the forum, but rather than let me know where that was, the post was deleted with out telling me.

I’m really not that worried either way, if the world would be a better place without this thread, let’s go for that. I am all for making the majority happy.

I have one, it’s my second, the first I kept a few years, then sold it to get a Gs, this one I have owned for 6 years, though it’s not been on the road all that time, i tax and insure it every two years or so, in reality it’s not worth much, but I miss the cheap top end rush once you hit 6k revs, I paid to get the suspension upgraded, and fitted 1150Gs handguards, well worth it, it’s fairly light and cheap to run, and survives being stood better than most, mine has just been mot’d and will be on the road the first of next month, they are pretty dull compared to a twin, but great for some cheap top end rush at disposable money.

Hi Darren, I’ve just spotted this one, apologies for any confusion or wrong doing here.

I have moved your post to the Yamaha section, once/if you decide to sell you can then place an ad in the For Sale section with a price etc :thumb2

I have one, it’s my second, the first I kept a few years, then sold it to get a Gs, this one I have owned for 6 years, though it’s not been on the road all that time, i tax and insure it every two years or so, in reality it’s not worth much, but I miss the cheap top end rush once you hit 6k revs, I paid to get the suspension upgraded, and fitted 1150Gs handguards, well worth it, it’s fairly light and cheap to run, and survives being stood better than most, mine has just been mot’d and will be on the road the first of next month, they are pretty dull compared to a twin, but great for some cheap top end rush at disposable money.

I'm with you Ian. My current is my third, which I've also owned for over six years. Ive spent some money on it recently, both new fork stanchions, Ohlins shock serviced, bar risers and replacement braided lines. Sadly, its still not worth a great deal and to be honest, its worth more to me to keep it in the garage as a spare. I could never replace it with anything else, anywhere near as capable in so many different departments, as the Fazer is, for what I'd be able to sell it for.

Mine has been Ivanised with the Full Monty and if other owners dyno reports are to be believed, it should be putting out somewhere approaching 140bhp at the rear wheel. Cheap speed indeed. Keep it Doofus, if you can afford to.

Hello, I'm new to the site but actually looking for a Fazer 1000. Ive read through the comments here which are a little confusing however are you considering selling your Fazer 1000?
Regards
Shaun
Hi

I have owned the above for a dozen years, but I now rarely use it, and I want the space it is taking up in the garage for something else (not a bike - the reason I don’t use it is because I already have enough others!). Price is £20. Just wondering if there”s likely to be enough interest for me to take some photos and work out if I have priced it sensibly.

Basic facts:

2004 Metallic grey (I believe official colour is Bluish Silver 4)
18k Miles
Last service was by me around 3k ago, 12k service by dealer, but 12k was a good few years ago.
Good alround condition
Largely as stock except:
1) It has been Ivansised - i.e. carbs re-jetted - a common FZS mod
2) It has a Datatool alarm.

Let me know if you want to explore further.

Cheers Darren

Back
Top Bottom