Recommended R1200 Hexhead service and repair in Aberdeen and Grampian

bandituk

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi all,
I noticed a slight whining today. It starts at just over 40mph. If I take it up to,say, 60mph it gets slightly louder. If I pull in the clutch and shut the throttle, it seems to be tied to road speed rather than engine revs. This makes me think it originates from the gearbox or final drive. There was a slight chirp from the box or FD once today.
Fluid levels are fine with oils that seem quite clear, no unusual vibrations or anything like that.

Having read the threads on FD failures and accepting that it would be too big a job for me, I’d like to get the bike into a shop that knows the score with these bikes to diagnose and repair/replace the faulty bits.

Anybody on here have any recommendations on who to take it to here in NE Scotland? Thanks in advance.

Ian👍

Any smell like calor gas from rear end oil round plastic at rear end ?
Tyre pressures ?

John Clark Aberdeen or Dundee if final drive best use a dealer “special” tool

Hi all,
I noticed a slight whining today. It starts at just over 40mph. If I take it up to,say, 60mph it gets slightly louder. If I pull in the clutch and shut the throttle, it seems to be tied to road speed rather than engine revs. This makes me think it originates from the gearbox or final drive. There was a slight chirp from the box or FD once today.
Fluid levels are fine with oils that seem quite clear, no unusual vibrations or anything like that.

Having read the threads on FD failures and accepting that it would be too big a job for me, I’d like to get the bike into a shop that knows the score with these bikes to diagnose and repair/replace the faulty bits.

Anybody on here have any recommendations on who to take it to here in NE Scotland? Thanks in advance.

Think that Voyager (of this parish is in Scottsland)
He’s certainly brilliant on airhead gearboxes- don’t know if he does later ones?
Don’t quite know what’s going on here - some bollocks of Paul’s!

No smell that I have noticed. Final drive and gearbox casings are warm after a decent run, not hot to touch as if there was a lack of fluids or metal to metal interference.

Speak to Ian Macdonald - Ghiribizzo on 'ere.

Absolute top guy.

Back
Top Bottom