Modem help

Disaster Area

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hello,

A few weeks ago we upgraded to the ultra fast broadband as it was meant to be a) faster and b) cheaper than staying on the old system. This switch required a man to come out and fit a new box which has all sorts of flashing lights and a new modem.

The problem is that now the TV will stream Netflix and such like with no problems, but my Chromebook keeps flashing up a message that it can't open a page as a 'Network change was detected' for a couple of seconds before loading that page. My iPhone 6 and iPad are very, very slow when connected to the modem wirelessly.

Can anyone offer any suggestions to remedy this - its more annoying than anything, but call me old fashioned, I expect an upgrade to work better than the system it replaced!

Odds on it will be their content filter that is messing with your chromebook. We are having all sorts of issues with this at work and staff trying to use the VPN to the office. Phone them up and tell them to take it off if you don't want it.
As for the other stuff being slow, no idea really maybe locking the frequency will help.

Of course you could also phone whoever and tell them to come sort it out.

Odds on it will be their content filter that is messing with your chromebook. We are having all sorts of issues with this at work and staff trying to use the VPN to the office. Phone them up and tell them to take it off if you don't want it.
As for the other stuff being slow, no idea really maybe locking the frequency will help.

Of course you coils also phone whoever and tell them to come sort it out.

Thanks - will give them a call.

Back
Top Bottom