2018 BMW RnineT Vintage

Andi_archer

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
One sweet looking bike :thumby:

3a830442ee4eb1f0695d3fd5e87dab75.png

^^^^It’s not look at me green.

Don't get why it's called a vintage, looks like a classic RnineT with a massive 21 sticker on the tank!!!

Don't get why it's called a vintage, looks like a classic RnineT with a massive 21 sticker on the tank!!!

Clocks are different, you now get same set up as per racer unlike the original

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

now that really does look like a BMW "parts bin" Bike

(The same may have been said of the R80GS Basic!)

but this vintage thing looks strange ...... a random computer programme loaded up with all the current parts could have built it

I personally think that new simple twin clock arrangement is better suited for the bike albeit there is no fuel gauge only reserve countdown. I’m not sure if classic R9T has digital fuel gauge readout. However the over all look of older clocks is a bit of a “new school”
It is also possible very cheaply remove the tachometer from new generation on 9T bikes and convert it into single simple speedo only look. Which some might want to have.

Now i'm really confused, the top pic has the same clocks as my old RnineT, yet the bottom pic has different clocks but the bike looks the same as mine??? No massive 21 stickers on the tank...

This is how.

Classic
009c98f6f8275cc7e1b2af3529f44dd5.png

Retro
8593b8690defd045032231411b4c8a9b.png

Attachments

• IMG_7862.jpg
    IMG_7862.jpg
    255.5 KB · Views: 709
Now i'm really confused, the top pic has the same clocks as my old RnineT, yet the bottom pic has different clocks but the bike looks the same as mine??? No massive 21 stickers on the tank...

You AFAIK, no longer able to buy “Classic” R9T, as I believe it was Euro 3 when it first came out. As with all things updated, clocks got updated to a more simplified retro look alongside of updated Euro 4 motor, as well as once can imagine it being a cost cutting measure by not having to produce two types of clocks for essentially same bike.

The cheapest 9T out the lot, Pure, followed by Scrablers, Urban GS all get a single (speedo) clock with an option to upgrade to twin (including Tachometer with Gear position indicator) at the time of order, or simple self upgrade later on through out the ownership, just like I did on my wife’s Pure. Now, R9T Racer and Retro get twin clocks as standard.

I do hope this makes sense.

Just been to Garmisch, the newer paint jobs are the ‘in thing’ right now, I think this ‘21’ scheme is old hat, but I LIKE IT..
I’m guessing but the dealers will be pushed to take a few of each, they’ll be hard to sell at £13k as these are essentially a second bike to many..
Anyone want a fully sorted Turban for £11.5k..?

Back
Top Bottom