Another Bike - Another Forum

Whitey

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hello all,

I've just acquired an unseen, R1200GS, 2007 after an irrational and impulsive purchase on ebay.
Yes, I know, I know, UNSEEN - I said I'd never do it again, but.... It happens sometimes.

So, I thought I'd join the forum, as I'm sure I'll be needing loads of info while going over it and making sure it's fit to ride. Hopefully, in time, I'll be able to contribute too!

I've had my eye on a GS for sometime. I took a test ride by accident and found that I, unexpectedly, loved it. I'd visited a BMW dealership to view a Honda CB1300 they had taken in PX. Once around the by-pass I returned the CB, feeling underwhelmed and the salesman suggested a ride on a GS. Although I'd always thought they are not for me, I figured why not and took it for a spin. An hour later and lost in Northamptonshire, I realised that my time was up and I had 30 miles to cover to get back!

So since then, I've hankered for one but just didn't have the cash for a second bike. This year they seem to have dropped into an 'affordable' area and I took a punt on the ebay.

I guess we'll see if my gamble paid off or not....

Best
Kev

Thanks, great.. actually, not great. Don't have a CD drive on the new Laptop :-/
I'll see if I can pick up a hard copy some place.
Quite handy if the Workshop manual covered LC and well as Hexhead.

Thanks, great.. actually, not great. Don't have a CD drive on the new Laptop :-/
I'll see if I can pick up a hard copy some place.
Quite handy if the Workshop manual covered LC and well as Hexhead.
It’s actually worth getting a USB drive for. It’s what the BMW folk use y’know.

It covers all BMW models acshully :rob

Oops my bad, sorry Shakey. :blast
Welcome to the forum Whitey. I also have a 2007 GS and you'd be amazed how much you can do to it yourself with the help of the other Tossers on here. :thumb2

Oh Yeah, forgot I could do that... I do like a book tho. Easier with oily hands and more forgiving when I drop them...

Oh Yeah, forgot I could do that... I do like a book tho. Easier with oily hands and more forgiving when I drop them...

Download the one you want, take it to a printers on a USB stick, have them print and finish it to your liking and you have the full manual personalised for less than you'd pay for a new Haynes one.

Ah, I see...
I was looking for a Workshop Manual, these are owners manuals, as far as I can see. Thanks tho. and useful should I not get one with a bike.

My impulse purchase on ebay fell thru and so I'm now back to looking for another one... I'll let you know when I find one.

Back
Top Bottom