Got alloy wheels? Interested in a proper front mudguard

Back to the issue of the front wheel throwing stuff at the HES / alternator belt cover - I noticed on a brand new 1200R the other day, a metal plate similar to the one in your first foto which keeps the crud off. Called a Catch-All or something.
Put me on the list for a long front mudguard. My Pyramid Fenda Extenda only does part of the job. It's because of the current fashion, you see. Bikes with no proper mudguards front and rear.

There hasn't been enough interest expressed to make manufacturing these mudguards a viable proposition, I'm afraid.

There hasn't been enough interest expressed to make manufacturing these mudguards a viable proposition, I'm afraid.

That’s a shame Mike.

I’ve just managed to get one of those again having gone over to the Carbon fibre one a few years ago.

One thing about your guard I would suggest, if you got the chance go for it was for it to be a couple of inches longer at the rear, I attach a rubber mud flap to mine to assist with the engine protection.

Hope more folk realise that this a vital part of the alloy wheel conversion as it looks quite strange with the original.

Good luck!....:thumb

Shame you ain't getting some made. I have the alloys already ( had them for years but not done anything with them so far apart from powder coating them black ) and probably would have had one off you. ( still not fitted the top thingy yet either! )
I have only just today put a new battery on the 1150 and fired her up after over a year of zero use! Only did 124 miles the year before too! Hey ho.

Boo! I’m just about to come back to a 1150GS and was gonna fit cast wheels

I’d have bought one :(

Triumph-Speed-Twin.jpg

Now THAT's a proper mudguard.

My Rockster's front mudguard, complete with Pyramid Plastics' so-called "Fenda Xtenda" does most of the job though...

Front-Brake-Disk.jpg

But as I mentioned before, what I'm really interested in from the stop-crud point of view, is the metal plate you have Mike on the front of your crankcase =- details please ?
Regards,
ALAN on the s.e Med coastg of Spain, where we occasionally still have a drop or two of rain...but only now-and-again : "de vez en cuando".

i thought cymarc made the crancase cover?

Back
Top Bottom