Peronne..... just a heads up fellow travelers

LBL

Reaction score
Myself and 4 members of this Parish stayed in Peronne 2 weeks ago, we stayed at the hotel Le Saint Claude in town and left our bikes in the square by the museum overnight, however, for the first time in over 20 years of riding in France our bikes were vandalised, all of our mirrors were tampered with and removal attempted and mine and 1 other bike had them stolen, they couldnt get them off the other bikes but they did try.

Their was a market on the morning we left but this was done by 7.30am so unsure if it was the late night town dwellers or the morning market peeps.

Just thought i would let you all know :thumby:

There are some places in France where you have to be a bit careful.

Alencon has its fair share of scooter scrotes - I was there a few years ago, staying on the public camp site when the guys in the next tent had it slit open during the night to steal a wallet.

Not good.

Hang on, me and Bounce were in Peronne a couple of weeks ago! :augie

It wasn’t us :D

Hang on, me and Bounce were in Peronne a couple of weeks ago! :augie

It wasn’t us :D

It definitely wasn't us...if we had seen a bunch of oiks interfering with bikermates pride n joys we'd have opened up a 6 pick of 'whoopass' on em.....:D

Ah yes but you would have been in a swanky 5 star with underground parking and dancing girls

We did stay in a fantastic 2 bedroom apartment a 5 minutes walk from the town :thumb

Yep because the NAV6 found you a good parking spot..............:D

It always does. But sometimes it takes us on a rather weird way of getting to said parking spot! :D

Via Belgium and Sweden :D

Almost....this was a ‘curvy’ road.....

4fa33bd93952dcc431b8e046db600444.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Péronne is known in Northern France as one of "these" places where you shouldn't leave motorcycles outside, or any other valuable thing... Unfortunately, even in the quietest parts of the country, small "ghettos" are forming and, logically, you get lots of vandalised vehicles, stolen phones and other petty crimes. However, the most outrageous example I've seen in the Hauts de France region are Creil (fortunately enough, the city doesn't have much to see), and Roubaix in the Lille agglomeration.

Péronne is known in Northern France as one of "these" places where you shouldn't leave motorcycles outside, or any other valuable thing... Unfortunately, even in the quietest parts of the country, small "ghettos" are forming and, logically, you get lots of vandalised vehicles, stolen phones and other petty crimes. However, the most outrageous example I've seen in the Hauts de France region are Creil (fortunately enough, the city doesn't have much to see), and Roubaix in the Lille agglomeration.

We left our bikes outside our apartment in Peronne, just with simple disc locks, and they were still there in the morning.

Back
Top Bottom